More jigsaw puzzles

Status
Not open for further replies.

cskipper

Cathy
Here are two more jigsaw puzzles:

Both are about 4 x 6, the blossom's has 60 pieces, the bridge has 70.

leftoflefty

New User
Ricky
Very nice. Did you take the pictures? That bridge looks a lot like the bridge at City Lake Park in Jamestown, NC. Regardless, very nice work.:thumbs_up:thumbs_up

cskipper

Cathy
Thank you. Yes, I took the photo's. They are at a small lake in the Harbison area of Columbia, SC.

sawduster

New User
Robert
Great job again !! :notworthy:Did you print those pics from your computer ? what kind of paper etc ? everytime I try one with a computer printed pic it ends up smearing while I am cutting it :BangHead: what is the trick ?
A step-by-step is definitely called for :eusa_danc

You're getting pretty dang good at this kiddo ! :icon_cheers :icon_thum :eusa_clap

cskipper

Cathy
Great job again !! :notworthy:Did you print those pics from your computer ? what kind of paper etc ? everytime I try one with a computer printed pic it ends up smearing while I am cutting it :BangHead: what is the trick ?

You're getting pretty dang good at this kiddo ! :icon_cheers :icon_thum :eusa_clap

I did print them from my computer on an inkjet printer onto gloss photo paper. I didn't apply any top coat so there was nothing to cause the colors to smear. I did, however, spray some with a top clear coat spray last week. I sprayed them several times (a hint from another site - but I don't agree). One coat may be okay.

I had been printing the photo's onto card stock paper. I thoiught I'd read that this was preferred by puzzle makers, but it didn't make much sense. What I need to decide now is whether to use a matte finish paper or a gloss. I always hate fighting glare on puzzles pieces.

I just finished a puzzle that's roughly 8 x 10. I had glued it up beforehand, so it's on card stock. It's kind of a shame because it was a really pretty picture, but pretty boring on the card stock. the puzzle has 176 pieces, so I don't want to risk making it stick together, but may try to some type of finish.

I can write a step by step, but don't have one already in progress.

cskipper

Cathy
Super... but you promised a step-by-step :eusa_naug

I added a step-by-step thread to the "How To" forum. There are no pictures, and I wrote it from memory rather than from starting a new puzzle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS