Moderation by BOD Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
In our meeting last week, we agreed to limit moderation by BOD members, leaving that responsibility to the Moderators and Administrators. In light of the 'bugs' we're still seeing in the new operating system allowing spammers in, I felt it necessary to delete a post that was so blatant as to not even be printed in English. I feel the Moderators will do their job, but for the sake of the site and our members, we must all be proactive on this type of thing until we see it under control. I see other BOD members have done as much too, and I would not consider moderating any post that may be borderline or require discussion by the Mods.
BTW, I really like the ease and options with which a user can be suspended or banned by this OS.

b4man

New User
Barbara
When I got on yesterday morning and saw all that crap posted it was a no brainer how it needed to be handled and since you and I are up at the 'crack' of course we handled it. I normally wouldn't moderate but in some instances it needs to be done at that moment.

Speaking of... I hope I never log on again and see a photo of another animal hanging from a tree. I have never been that offended as long as I've been a member. Unless "Jeff" from Rougemont was scammed, I believe he should be reprimanded for posting that.

M

McRabbet

Good move, Dennis. Ourself-imposed ban on moderation has always been for "routine" moderation -- obviously, blatant posts or threads in clear violation of our standards should be dealt with and deleted instantly. Hopefully, the technical team will get the registration abuse dealt with soon so normalcy can return.

cskipper

Cathy
I agree that your action was appropriate. We do restrict our moderation, but blatant is blatant. Good call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS