MM16 and table tilt

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Well here is another question. With the stock plastic table insert that comes with the saw, which is NOT zero clearance. I get blade deflection against the side of the insert, when I tilt the table past about 30 deg. I would think that the width of the slot would be wide enough so that didn't happen. Is there something mis adjusted? Or is that just the way it is. I understand that with a ZCI it is necessary to cut a special insert for each tilt angle.

mshel

New User
Michael Shelley
Well here is another question. With the stock plastic table insert that comes with the saw, which is NOT zero clearance. I get blade deflection against the side of the insert, when I tilt the table past about 30 deg. I would think that the width of the slot would be wide enough so that didn't happen. Is there something mis adjusted? Or is thats just the way it is. I understand that with a ZCI it is necessary to cut a special insert for each tilt angle.

Course I don't tilt mine much, maybe twice since I have had it. The so called ZCI really sucks, I made one from some thick walnut but I ended up putting in the plastic one back in.

Mike

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
It is the way it is. The inserts are the P I T S. I need to make one or two myself. I know Dino and I believe Amy have made nice ones. Dino posted pictures of his awhile back. I strongly suggest making one over ordering a replacement. If you remember my saw was damaged when I got it and the insert was one of my replacement parts. It wasn't much better than the damaged one.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors