Status
Not open for further replies.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
I had a redemption certificate languishing at Amazon.com that I decided to cash in. A little site surfing showed the following items:
The upper is an MLCS clamping miter gauge.
The lower is an Incra MITER1000SE Special Edition.

IMG_07811.JPG

As a brief review the Incra at $111.54 is a better buy than the clamping miter at $44.95. Incra provided ample documentation on assembly, calibration, and use suggestions. MLCS just gave me pieces in a box that I had to figure out. I don't expect to get any accuracy out of the MLCS unit but it will be safer for smaller pieces.
Amazon.com changes prices daily. I saw these last weekend & hesitated. The Incra went to $140+. It came back down & I pulled the trigger Tuesday night. Even with free Super Saver Shipping expected to take 5-9 days they were both at my door this afternoon. As a conclusion I would tell anyone to give Amazon.com consideration as a buying option for tools in the future.:thumbs_up:thumbs_up

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Dennis,
I am amazed that you got stuff that fast from amazon because it never happens to me, at Christmas (Dec.3rd) we ordered something and they told us it was in stock and it would be 5 to 9 days, it took 16 working days not getting here until after Christmas. Right now we have a small DS game that was shipped on Saturday and we still haven't got it.

So even though there prices are good, don't believe the free shipping if you need it at a certain time

ps. Nice score and good luck with the miter gauge.:icon_thum

rick7938

New User
Rick
I think that you will love that Incra. I have had mine about 2 years, and it has practically replaced all of my home made cross-cut jigs. You can attach all sorts of jigs to the fence with 1/4-inch bolts and nuts.

I surely love mine. Best of luck.

NH2NC

New User
Eric
Dennis,
Amazon has treated me well over the years. Free shipping has been fast, no sales tax:icon_thum and great prices to boot. Never (knock on wood) had a problem. Ordered a Blu-ray movie the other day and they sent me an email saying the price dropped and gave me an instant refund.(that was cool) They are great when it comes to research too. I hit the forums, then Amazon for all the reviews before I make my purchase.

Let me know how you like the Incra. I just bought one and I'm waiting on the delivery.

E-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS