Miter Gauge Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

rick7938

New User
Rick
I am looking to upgrade the miter gauge on my Delta Contrator Saw. Various catalogs show new miter gauges from $50 for the basics to nearly $300 with many bells and whistles. My budget will only allow about $150 which will cover some of the mid-range Incra and Kreg miter gauges.

What would you suggest are some of my better options.

Thanks.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I have the Osborne EB3 and am quite happy with it. I have seen good feedback on the Jessem and Kreg as well. I believe a few members have had some issues with the Incra.

T

toolferone

I second Dave's thought on the Incra miter 1000se from Woodcraft.

Jonz

New User
Chris Jones
I have the Incra 1000 which I think is the 1000SE minus the flip stop and telescoping bar. If doing it over again I'd buy the SE for the extras, but as a miter gauge the one I have kicks butt. I have a lot of Incra stuff and love it all.

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User
I've got the Incra 1000SE as well. Good price, and a fairly good product. My expectations were high, so I guess it wasn't fair from the start ... but I could imagine some improvements. Once of the recent magazines just did a review of them -- so you might want to find that for a "professional" (biased?) opinion?

Overall, a 7/10 in my book, but 500% better than any stock one!

John Reeves

John Reeves
Corporate Member
I just got the Osborne EB-3.

It is a very nice piece.

(Like most of my stuff, it is more capable than I am.)

GeorgeL

New User
George
Keep an eye out on Amazon.com. I bought an Incra Miter 5000 sled for $181 in June with free shipping.

George

Ralrick

New User
Rick
Rick -

The Incra 1000SE has been great for me - but anything would have been a great improvement over the standard issue one that I was using. Keep an eye on amazon if you're not in a rush - I just bought the Incra 1000SE on Amazon for $102.85 shipped on one of their Friday deals. . . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS