mission tv stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil

New User
Phil Capper
Here's my latest for a neighbor.Mission with pocket doors so the speakers can go underneath without the doors being open all the time

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 249
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 266
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 251

mshel

New User
Michael Shelley
Very very nice Phil. Are the slats just inserts or did you mortise them into the stiles and rails? Love that old world looking finish.

Mike

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
It looks VERY GOOD!! Your gaps around your doors are very uniform. You buy standard hardware or do something special?

Dutchman

New User
Buddy
Nice job. Just one suggestion of an easy way to get a little more look with this type of furniture is to use plugs square or round on your doors. You might could use a walnut square plug in a round hole (fit tight), and you will get dramatice results for not a lot more work. You can sand them flush or just leave them raise and round slightly. Just a sugestion, looks good.

michaelgarner

New User
Michael
dutch has a keen eye i can see, the pegged mortise and tennon would be very cool, the stand is aaaaaaaawsome. Nice work,,let us know the trick for the doors.

Phil

New User
Phil Capper
The doors are made with bookmatched panels then 1/4 x 1 slats half lapped and inserted then fastened from rear.

Phil

New User
Phil Capper
for the first time in the interest of speed , I used standard pocket door hardware. Not very happy with it .from now on , I'll go back to making my own pocket slides.

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Wow Phil, that is a great looking TV stand.:icon_thum I like how your doors turned out as well as the finish.

D L

Jay

New User
Jay
That is really nice work. The slats add a really nice touch. I also really like the finish.

Jay

Vanilla Gorilla

New User
Marco Principio
I second (or third of fourth or whatever) the vote on pegging the doors if you make it again. I think square pegs would really set this piece off, not that it needs any help in that area to begin with. Just like everyone else though, I am going to be waiting with bells on for any info on your method for doing the doors. Unless it's a trade secret, that is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors