Minimax planer

Status
Not open for further replies.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
wait till the wife is away and then move the new one in and the old one out.:icon_thum paint the new one B S yellow! she will never know........:rotflm:

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Yes, possesion is 9/10 of the law, but having it in your possesion can get your butt kicked as well.

I broached the planer subject and it was a very cold shoulder I received. I can get away sneaking some stuff in, but something that costs as much as this and that is as big as this I will not be able to hide..................................

DaveO

New User
DaveO
That's a decent used car :swoon::swoon:...which you could drag your boards behind to flatten.

Dave:)

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Come on Trav, you KNOW you want it!

:rotflm:

You KNOW you NEED it!

:rotflm::rotflm:

Vegas is calling!!

:rotflm::rotflm::rotflm:

Jim M.

Woody
Corporate Member
Try this, it's called the "Mid-Life Crisis tools plan"

Day #1 - Tell wife about co-worker who just got hair plugs and how tacky he looks with them.

Day #2 - Tell wife about guy from, place of your choice, who just bought small convertible and how silly he looks in it.

Day #3 - Tell wife about guy from, another place of your choice, who asked his wife to vacation separate this year, and how silly that sounded it.

Day #4 - Tell wife about guy, who lives near by, who just left his wife for a woman half his age and how stupid that was.

Day #5 - Tell wife how happy you are with the simple things in life and how glad you are having a hobby to constructively spend your time.

Day #6 - Wife will ask, you haven't bought a new tool lately and do you need anything!

Works ever time... Jim :wink_smil

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Ummmm, Jim, we haven't met have we? I would strike out on day 1. I will never need hair plugs.....:gar-Bi

Try this, it's called the "Mid-Life Crisis tools plan"

Day #1 - Tell wife about co-worker who just got hair plugs and how tacky he looks with them.

Day #2 - Tell wife about guy from, place of your choice, who just bought small convertible and how silly he looks in it.

Day #3 - Tell wife about guy from, another place of your choice, who asked his wife to vacation separate this year, and how silly that sounded it.

Day #4 - Tell wife about guy, who lives near by, who just left his wife for a woman half his age and how stupid that was.

Day #5 - Tell wife how happy you are with the simple things in life and how glad you are having a hobby to constructively spend your time.

Day #6 - Wife will ask, you haven't bought a new tool lately and do you need anything!

Works ever time... Jim :wink_smil

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Yes, I want it, but I can't swing the I need it.

Dave's point is scary though. That is a good used car.....:swoon:

Come on Trav, you KNOW you want it!

:rotflm:

You KNOW you NEED it!

:rotflm::rotflm:

Vegas is calling!!

:rotflm::rotflm::rotflm:

Shamrock

New User
Michael
Naww--just say that you got a box of cracker jacks and that was the prize in the bottom! Easy problem solved

cpowell

New User
Chuck
It usually starts this way...well, it has the past few times you fell off the wagon. Have you already inquired about the MM? I'm not trying to stir the coals but that MM looks pretty doggone stout. Shame you don't have any other MM stuff to match up with it.

wait, I 've got an idea. Buy the CL planer, get some touch up paint and stencil "JET" on it. Tell her you swapped it straight out with the PM! :gar-La;

If you get in a tight just let me know and I can store the ol' PM for you to keep it outta sight! :gar-Bi

Chuck

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
You are right, it is how I fall off the wagon, normally.

I have NOT made any inquiries on it. Last year was a big tool acquisition year (jointer, planer, sander, and a few other choice goodies that we shall not mention), and although I have broached the subject (sent pictures, made comments), the cold shoulder abounds.

And yes, I do have another piece of MM equipment. I have your bandsaw's bigger brother! :gar-Bi I tried the argument that it would be nice if I had some "matching" equipment....

Oh well. I guess I have to fix the Powermatic planer....:gar-Cr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS