Metal Buildings

Status
Not open for further replies.

HootSC

New User
Robert G.
Hello everyone,
I'm wanting to get started in woodworking but I have one problem, I don't have a shop. I've pretty much decided on one of the metal type buildings but there are so many choices out there it's hard to pick one. Do you guys know who might offer the best deal or are they all about the same. If I decided to build it myself, would I save much amassing the materials myself or is it worth it just to buy a kit.
Thanks, Hoot Gibson

M

McRabbet

What size? Budget? You might want to check with Tom Ferone (ToolFerone) about his standalone shop that he build in his back yard for a comparison. Tom is manager of the Woodcraft Store in Raleigh.

Rob

Ozzie-x

New User
Randy
Another one of our members "was" considering a metal building for a shop, and on the surface it sounded like a good deal to literally set-up shop. After he got into it, he discovered a lot of hidden costs that became a deal breaker. If you get pricing from one of the metal building mfgrs, be sure of exactly what you're getting, things like doors, windows, insulation, etc. Also be mindful of the erection of the building, does the price include putting the building up? Also be mindful that you will be responsible for grading, foundation, slab, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, etc., the metal building folks will only provide the building package and maybe put it up on your prepared site. The other required stuff can easily exceed the cost of the building itself, particularly if you have to hire it done. Just be careful and be aware of all the costs.

On a positive note, several of my farm friends have had these type buildings installed, and it's gone very well. Nice buildings and it was really cheap (comparatively). I can get some of the names from them if you're interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS