Messed up Giraffes

Status
Not open for further replies.

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Can't prove it - I have no camera - I had about an inch to go on a giraffe picture and my saw caught and broke the head clear off of the giraffe and broke its neck :gar-Cr- I was stack cutting so two of them went into the scrap pile :elvis:

Phillip

nelsone

New User
Ed
Bummer, but like they say...No pics...didn't happen!:wink_smil

How much time did you have into them?

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Phillip, I have seen your work an I just can't believe you messed anything up. Your work is so awesome. Mess up doesn't even register with me!:nah::no:

Don Sorensen

New User
Butch
Oh man - must have been a serious break. I've run into that on a few projects (blood wood is esp. bad for it ) my secret: elmer's glue...but don't tell anyone :cool:

skeeter

New User
Charles
Really agrivating when something like that happens. Wow, breaking a giraffe's neck, that must be a really long break :gar-La;.

PChristy

New User
Phillip
:rotflm: skeeter it was a short giraffe - nelson I will see if I can get my daughter's camera to take a pic - so that I can prove it - I had at least 10 hours cutting time it it - oh well - that is the breaks :gar-La;:gar-La;

cskipper

Cathy
I'd suggest applying the finish before I'd use CA on it. Otherwise you can get a really ugly stain.

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Here is a pic of my headless giraffe with a broke neck - not going to revive these babies

But on the bright side here is a pic of some elephants I am in the process of framing

sorry about the blur

Phillip

R

rickc

Thanks Tracy-I will be putting those patterns in the mail for you this weekend -
Phillip

Do you have a softcopy of those plans? I can handle most any file type. I would also like a copy of the plans. Anecdote: My wife has an elderly aunt who while still very sharp, is living in a small apartment. She had now wall decorations, so I enlarged some nice shots of lions and tigers so we could give them to her last Christmas. When we saw her this summer, they were hanging nicely. She said they were nice, but she didn't really care for the cat family! (Just got to love those with enough years on them to come out and say what they think!!!) Anyway, it turns out she like giraffes! That pattern looks like it would make a nice gift THIS year for her!!!

Rick

cskipper

Cathy
I thought that they could be fixed when I only looked at the picture that showed just the heads broken. Then I saw the neck. Argh!!!! The Elephants are nice. The giraffes would have been really cool too. Where's that pattern from?

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Cathy, I got the giraffe pattern from Jeff Zaffino's website - www.advancescrollsawpatterns.com - they are under one of the other artist names and I can't think of it right now - I believe I got the elephants from woodenteddybear - not sure on that one - it was a few years back when I got those - I will look a little later and let you know

Phillip

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors