Melamine cabinets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob

New User
Rob
Finally used some of the melamine I got for free from a member. I feel bad because I can't remember his name. But thanks, I have more shop cabinet plans for the rest. Everything was scrap or free with the exception of hardware. I used my Kreg Jig for all assembly. I'm very happy with the results though I made some measuring mistakes and my drawers don't open as smoothly as I would like. BTW, Borg drawer slides have a 1/16th variable in them, last time I use them, I'll spend the extra money for good slides. The drawers are assembled with the kreg also and melamine glue. Very strong.

Below is a buffing station. I have a 1/2 hp motor running 4" buffers for the inside of the bowls, and a 1/4 hp running the 8" buffers for the outside. Thanks to Heath and my dad for the donation of the motors, I still have to wire those up.

buffing.JPG

Cabinet for near my deep sink, storage of cleaning stuff and paint chemicals. Still have to make doors for it, but I don't have hinges yet, might pick some up today. This just took a couple hours to build with the kreg jig. And banding the edge of the melamine. And hung with European cleats, or french cleats. I like this method, first time I've used it and it's much easier to get a single board level then it is a whole cabinet.

deep_sink.JPG

Shops finally coming together, more organized, still a lot more to do but it's getting there. Now I need to put it on hold and finish Christmas presents.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Looks great Rob. It's amazing how a little storage can transform the shop!

bobby g

Bob
Corporate Member
Good looking results Rob. You might want to check out Custom Service Hardware on the web. They have some good hardware at good prices and the UPS man brings them to you. www.cshardware.com

bobby g

T

toolferone

I really like the duel motor buffers idea.
Cabinets are great too.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Great job on the cabinets, Rob. :icon_thum Looks like you can store a ton of stuff in the four drawers of the buffing station.

Bill

Rob

New User
Rob
Thanks all, picked up euro style hinges today, but didn't get to the doors, mostly cleaned up the shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS