Measure twice cut once. I did, but.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryan S

Bryan
Corporate Member
Nowhere does the cliche say to make sure your panels don't move when routing dados. If so this is what you get asymmetric parrallel dadoes.
:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:.

oops_003_e.jpg

Fortunatley this is an area thet will be covered by a filler strip underneath and drawer slides above. I was able to realingn the guide and get a good enough cut so the bottem of the case will be straight.

If hiding your mistakes is a sign of a good woodworker the I must be a master:gar-La;

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
it happens!:cry_smile when i do this type dado i clamp the template and the piece to the bench.:icon_thum then all you gotta do is control the router.:thumbs_up for that dado I think a router table would be easier. for dados in the middle of a panel i use 2 guides and a smaller bit. then the router is trapped and you do 2 passes.:widea:

fred p

Bryan S

Bryan
Corporate Member
it happens!:cry_smile when i do this type dado i clamp the template and the piece to the bench.:icon_thum then all you gotta do is control the router.:thumbs_up for that dado I think a router table would be easier. for dados in the middle of a panel i use 2 guides and a smaller bit. then the router is trapped and you do 2 passes.:widea:

fred p

Fred that was the last one on that panel and I thought about the router table but that would have reqiured another setup of coures in hindsight it might have took less time. One of these days I'll make a jig like you described.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
Fred that was the last one on that panel and I thought about the router table but that would have reqiured another setup of coures in hindsight it might have took less time. One of these days I'll make a jig like you described.

of coarse!:rotflm: never the first one.:dontknow: wellcome to fred's world!:gar-La; with me its usually happens when i say just one more coat of finnish should do it!:kamahlitu you guessed it! at least yours can be hidden.

fred

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Bummer, dude.:eusa_booh
It's problems like this that you learn from - but I usually forget the solution before I'm faced with the situation again!:gar-La;

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
At least your dadoes came out straight.....I've had a fair share of curvy dadoes...
Nice job on the recovery :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS