Matthias Wandel visits a friend's workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.

eyekode

New User
Salem
I think the guy misplaced his chop saw. So he bought another one and set it up. Then couldn't remember where he put it. So he bought another one and set that up too... etc etc.

Crazy amount of tools. The wildest thing was that they were all setup to work. Not just rotting in the corner.

But how long of a board do you think he could process on the TS? Seems it would be hard just to get a > 6' board to the TS!

ErnieM

Ernie
Corporate Member
That is an amazing display of extreme organization. A few questions come to mind.

1. Does he actually build anything in there.
2. If so, where does he put it? There's no floor space at all.
3. How does he clean it?

It seems to me, considering the amount of tools, machinery, gadgets, etc. that he needs a shop at least twice as big. I guess I'm spoiled but I could never work in a shop like that. Too claustrophobic! :BangHead:

Ernie

zapdafish

Steve
Corporate Member
Ugh, I would go crazy with the clutter even if it is organized. Also, I can't believe how clean it is. After an afternoon of doing anything, everything in my garage is covered in some sort of dust. I can never get all the dust off my floor either.

Glennbear

Glenn
Truly amazing !!! :eek:
1) This gentleman obviously has advanced Woodguy disease. :gar-La;

2) Lots of innovative ideas such as the parts jars carousels. :widea:

3) Now I do not feel so bad about my overcrowded 24 x24 shop and the fact that I am constructing a bank of 18 divided drawers under one of my workbenches to replace 36 + plastic shoeboxes. :rotflm:
4) I should note that I have cut down on the number of machines in my shop which at one point contained 3 tablesaws. :embaresse

For a complete explanation of Jacques' shop with tons of still pictures and the video go here:
http://woodgears.ca/workshop/jacques/index.html

Last edited:

Mt. Gomer

New User
Travis
I'm totally speechless. That was just amazing. I'm with Ernie though... How does he get anything in/out of that shop????

Vetteman9956

New User
Brad
Wow, I would loose it in that shop. :BangHead: I can't remember where I put things in my shop as it is now. Guess I would spend all day just walking around trying to remember what I was trying to remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS