Matthias Wandel demos his Pantorouter

Status
Not open for further replies.

leftoflefty

New User
Ricky
I've seen this guy on youtube before. I would really like to have some of the "machines". If anyone figures out how to make them let me know.:gar-Bi

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
Now that is neat!

While I don't have any immediate plans to build a pantorouter, I am definitely going to use his method to make linear bearings for the base of the cross-slide vise on my benchtop mortiser!!!

manfre

New User
Manfre
Thanks for sharing the link for that. One more machine that I want for my shop. At least this one is only $16 + time + wood.

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
That was a lot of work to make the DT templates! Here is one case where Autocad and a CNC router would have helped. Because once you get a spot on template you can use the Pantorouter to make as many joints that size as you want to make. Mathias needs to design a template maker for his Pantorouter!

sushinutnc

New User
Mike
That was a lot of work to make the DT templates! Here is one case where Autocad and a CNC router would have helped. Because once you get a spot on template you can use the Pantorouter to make as many joints that size as you want to make. Mathias needs to design a template maker for his Pantorouter!
I am surprised he doesn't use drawing programs to design and print stencils for the templates. He clearly knows CAD very well.... Of course, if you had a CNC router to make the templates, why wouldn't you just use it to make the actual joinery? ;)

I'm surprised he hasn't posted printable templates of the templates (yet).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors