material for dog bed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay

New User
Jay
I have seen dog beds before that they say will keep you dog cool in the summer by keeping him off the ground and I guess the theory is that the air circulation above and below does that with a thin material for the bed that does not hold body heat. I am contemplating building one and am looking for suggestions for the bed material and how to affix it to a wooden frame. If anyone has any suggestions or has done something like this in the past your experience and know how would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Jay

b4man

New User
Barbara
Great idea, building your own! I would think you need to use the mesh fabric used on patio furniture. It's washable and durable. I've seen these beds made from PVC w/ the mesh sewn in a pocket and slipped onto the sides and ends. Please keep us posted as to your progress.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
We had one like Barbara describes and used cedar chips as the internal material. As for the frame, I did plywood, but kept it off the ground by having bricks underneath it.

Jay

New User
Jay
Barbara

Any idea where you can buy that type of material. That is what I am looking for I do believe.

Jay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS