Mark's New Shed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
I had a large woodworking project get started this past week. Bulk of it went up in 1 very long day. It has 4X16 loft storage on each end. Sequential photos are in my gallery.

Need to finish painting, build a ramp, build and install some tilting barn sash windows, run some power, install lighting, build cabinets/shelves, move a bush and rebuild my garden fence. I should be busy 'til Christmas.;-)

http://www.ncwoodworker.net/gallery/showimage.php?i=4855&c=468

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Mark,

Nice looking shed. Getting that much accomplished in one day is impressive. So now you have painting, ramp, power, windows, cabinets, shelves... just a few little details left:roll: Hope you get loads of shop time after you get it built.

Ray

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Wow, cool looking shop Mark.:icon_thum What is the overall size of your new shop? That was one heck of an accomplishment in such a short time seeing how it was stick built.

D L

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
DL,
It's 16X20 with 8ft sides, 14ft peak and a 7/12 roof. Definitely something you would not want to do every day! I had planned to do most of the work myself but re-injured my back. I ended up doing the loft flooring, trim and doors. The guys in the photos are contractors. The teenager weighs ~140lbs soaking wet and hauled all of the OSB sheathing to the roof and 14 packs of shingles in about 2hrs8-O !

Terry

New User
Terrence P. Rielly
Mark,

Nice job on the shop!:eusa_clap Bet you didn't have to be rocked to sleep that night. I know in doing my shop I have no trouble sleeping at night. Hope you enjoy every minute of your shop. Terry:eusa_danc

sapwood

New User
Roger
Great looking shop and I'm jealous of the size :lol:
Is it sitting on PT lumber or supported by blocks or other type of foundation?

Go easy on the back,
Sapwood

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Very nice.That is a heck of a lot in a day to accomplish.

It will be well worth it, but if you are like me, it will be too small in six months.

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Roger,
It has PT 2X6 floor joists 12" on center on 8, PT 4X4 runners. This is all resting on 20 solid block footings. I was assured that I could drive a small car in it.

dozer

Mike
It sounds like it is even strong enough for woodguy's new aircraft carrier. Oops I mean 16" jointer. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS