Many Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

smitty49

New User
Reid Smith
I wanted to stop by and thank everyone ( Especially Bruce for the Article he sent me) for the help on my quest for constructing the Goose neck molding on the secretary project and give you an update. Although the construction is complete, the finishing is yet to be done but we did give the LOML the present of a set of keys to the desk on Christmas Day. We're still finalizing a finish schedule and hopefully this weekend will give it its first coat.
Thanks everyone again,
Happy Holidays From Our House to Yours,
Smitty
Secretaryfinish006.jpg

Secretaryfinish004.jpg

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Stunning! You can lose a lot of stuff in all those nooks, crannies, drawers and corners. If I had to use one word to describe it, it would be "grand". Man there are so many nice details in this piece.

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Beautiful work. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

I like the hardware you picked out. It fits the piece and matches the upper profile nicely. Great attention to detail throughout.

I can imagine the look on LOYL's face when when opened the doors the first time.

I believe this piece is deserving of some additional detail pics.

Chuck

Joe Lyddon

New User
Joe Lyddon
Smitty,

You've done a wonderful job on that Secretary!

A Secretary has been on my "to-do" list for a long time.

I guess you have a lot of secret compartments, etc. in it? Where did you find ou about them & where to put'em?

Thank you for showing it to us.

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Smitty,

That is beautiful desk, I'm sure it will be admired and sought after by family members for generations to come. It is truly a family heirloom.

:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Jimmy:)

Badabing

New User
Joe
That is outstanding Smitty! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap I hope someday I can do beautiful work like that!

Mike Gilley

Mike Gilley
Corporate Member
Outstanding work! I am curious about how long the total project took, and what your going to use for a finish though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors