Manfre

Status
Not open for further replies.

manfre

New User
Manfre
I've been on the forums for a few months and it seems I never made one of these posts. I'm relatively new to woodworking and recently had a smallish workshop built that is still being finished. I plan on making toys for my son. My wife also wants a remodeled kitchen and a stocked workshop seemed like a fair trade. :eusa_danc

Now I'm DQ eligible! :banana:

klfelkins

New User
Kristy
Hi Manfre,
I am also pretty new to wood working and the site. My husbands shop was stocked for the very same reason, and then he encouraged me to get a lathe....well his shop is now our shop and the kids live in the house :)

manfre

New User
Manfre
I figure I'll get my wife using the shop eventually. A contributing factor in me really wanting a sawstop.

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Manfre (and Kristy) - welcome to NCWW (and thanks for the introductory post). Your shop looks pretty nice; hopefully you will make it available for a future shop crawl! I think that you made a great trade with the wife too!

I have not yet managed to get my wife to use the woodshop, but at least she does not complain about the extensive hours that I spend in there! I do need to find a shirt to give her that say's "Shop Widow", and I need one that say's "barn widower" or something to that effect!

Kristy - what type of lathe did you get? I recently acquired a Delta 46-460 and I am enjoying it.

Regards,

Scott

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Welcome to the site Manfre. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap I was thinking to myself when I saw this thread, "I recognize that name already....." :icon_scra :gar-La; I was new to woodworking a couple of years ago when I first found this place and as I'm sure you already know, these folks are second to none. Anyway, I'm glad that you found us and definitely look forward to more of your contributions to the site. :icon_thum

merrill77

Master Scrap Maker
Chris
Corporate Member
It feels funny to welcome you...since we met via this forum many weeks ago! Anyway...Welcome!

BTW, did you end up buying a jointer?

manfre

New User
Manfre
It feels funny to welcome you...since we met via this forum many weeks ago! Anyway...Welcome!

BTW, did you end up buying a jointer?

There was a really good holiday deal for a Jet 10" jointer/planer. I was originally opposed due to the bad reviews resulting from defective units, but was willing to take a gamble because Jet does have good customer service. Even the bad reviews I read had the buyers ending up with working units without any additional expense. It seems that I have lucked out from any blatant defects. For the price, I should be able to break even on CL when I'm ready to upgrade.

I still haven't made all of the final adjustments to square the fence and tables. I don't know the tolerances of the squares and straight edges I have laying around and I want everything as close to 0.001" as possible. I have a 1-2-3 block on order and plan on milling my own 36" straight edge.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Welcome to the friendliest woodworking site on the net. It is great to have you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS