Making your Picnic plans May 20, 2023

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Some of you don't know that we have a picnic every year.
It is a TON of fun the food seeing everyone and, of course, eating!
You might even meet a celebrity!

Again this year it will be at Jordan Lake in NC - Jordan Lake State Recreation Area: Home | NC State Parks

We reserve a shelter and ask people bring a dish to pass (we will post a suggestions list) and with your RSVP we will provide your meat dish (In the past [see below] this has been some REALLY good BBQ and likely will be again) and you will be signed up for a door prize

In addition, we will soon start our raffle, so watch for that.
The proceeds from the raffle along with our advertisers help keep this site low-cost to free for our members.
There will be some REALLY GREAT prizes and someone WILL win, you simply have the purchase a $5 ticket.

1676470342123.png

1676470421984.png

1676471601522.png

Chaz

Chaz
Senior User
Damn! Almost 3 hrs one way for me. Sounds like fun, though. I just checked and we have a show in KY that weekend :-(.

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Damn! Almost 3 hrs one way for me. Sounds like fun, though. I just checked and we have a show in KY that weekend :-(.
You will be missed @Chaz but remember as soon as raffle tickets are announces you can "participate from afar" as you DO NOT need to be present to win!

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member

Again this year it will be at Jordan Lake in NC - Jordan Lake State Recreation Area: Home | NC State Parks

We reserve a shelter and ask people bring a dish to pass (we will post a suggestions list) and with your RSVP we will provide your meat dish (In the past [see below] this has been some REALLY good BBQ and likely will be again) and you will be signed up for a door prize

The proceeds from the raffle along with our advertisers help keep this site low-cost to free for our members.
There will be some REALLY GREAT prizes and someone WILL win, you simply have the purchase a $5 ticket.

View attachment 216765
View attachment 216766
View attachment 216768
Hank, when were these pictures taken? I recognize Coleman, but if wasn’t for the stomach, I wouldn’t have suspected that was me.

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Hank, when were these pictures taken? I recognize Coleman, but if wasn’t for the stomach, I wouldn’t have suspected that was me.
I think that was 2018 or 2019... I specifically went looking for a picture of you and found this one!

woodworkingshop.com

Coleman
User
LOL, thank you for picking my picture with Steve for this with!

I have that - Dang Steve you are brilliant - gaze going on.......

Hello Steve, been awhile sir.

Picnic is a blast by the way. Highly recommend it.

Coleman

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
LOL, thank you for picking my picture with Steve for this with!

I have that - Dang Steve you are brilliant - gaze going on.......

Hello Steve, been awhile sir.

Picnic is a blast by the way. Highly recommend it.

Coleman
Coleman I hope you know that you and your gang are always welcome!

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
I think that was 2018 or 2019... I specifically went looking for a picture of you and found this one!
It wasn’t 2018, that was the year that I was in and out of the hospital. I didn’t start walking again until 2019. In 2020 was the start of covid and I haven’t been back since. So it must have been 2019. Gail remembers me leaning my cane against the tables and it kept falling down and somebody would help me get it off the ground because I could not bend that far. :)

Coleman, Yeah it has been a long time. Maybe this year.

Jclrk

Jclrk
Corporate Member
Wish they would move around but if Jordan lake is the place every year gues it is what it is.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Wish they would move around but if Jordan lake is the place every year gues it is what it is.
We tried some other places and had additional events in some years…
Seem like this is the best for the most people. I wish it was closer to me too.
I know a couple folks drive from West of Asheville and a couple drive from the coast.
Hickory is a bit of a Drive for Extravaganza and Asheville is a good drive for the Klingspor event. I’m sorry we don’t all live closer together. We do the best we can.

Jclrk

Jclrk
Corporate Member
It
We tried some other places and had additional events in some years…
Seem like this is the best for the most people. I wish it was closer to me too.
I know a couple folks drive from West of Asheville and a couple drive from the coast.
Hickory is a bit of a Drive for Extravaganza and Asheville is a good drive for the Klingspor event. I’m sorry we don’t all live closer together. We do the best we can.
Is what it is

Wilsoncb

Williemakeit
Corporate Member

Am I missing something or is this listed under an "events" category of a different name? Also, I'm not seeing it on the calendar.

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Am I missing something or is this listed under an "events" category of a different name? Also, I'm not seeing it on the calendar.
Not sure what you mean "is this listed under an "events" category of a different name?"
you are responding to the thread I posted.
I will double check, because, it should be listed on the calendar

Wilsoncb

Williemakeit
Corporate Member
Thanks for the quick response. As a newer user on this site I think an “Events” category would be helpful for people who don’t follow the postings daily. I thought perhaps there might already be a category (but with a different name). Based on your response, I guess not.
Since you are shown as BOD,DD, maybe you can at least discuss it in your next meeting. I think it would be helpful for quickly finding out what is happening. Of course an updated calendar would work as well. ; )

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
With Asheboro being almost the geographic center of the state, Jordon Lake is about as close as we can get. In the past, picnic was held in two other locations, neither of which met our needs of accessability. Too far to walk for old folks, which most of us are, uneven ground, and other events at same location, and date. This location is as good as it can get.. Located on four lane highway, close parking, flat terrain, bathroom, plus ten miles from my house.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS