Major Changes Coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Well, it appears that we may be coming to point, where we will have to consider making a major software upgrade to NCWW.

vBulletin has released 3.6.7, which really should have been called 3.7.0, given some of the changes made. The reason I am considering doing this one or the next is because they have introduced some new features that may allow us to further eliminate "custom code" in side their code. It seems they have extended their "hook" concept to templates, which will make visual and menu changes much easier to do and most important easier to maintain.

Also vbadvanced just released version 3, which eliminates the need to make code changes in vB primary index pages.

Anyway, I suspect that technical details of why or not of any interest to anyone except Monty or myself. But, you all of you do need to know that it is coming. And when it does, The board will shut down for a period of time but the staff will have acces will be expected to help test it during that period.

I will keep you informed. I doubt that we I will do anything before the middle of June. In the meanwhile, I will be investigating just what the impact of these changes will be. I will probably give you all a sneek peak later of it on the test site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS