Machinery Madness

Is this a good idea that people will particpate in?

• Yes

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • No, get back to work on serious tasks Phil

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ashley_phil

Phil Ashley
Corporate Member
Most of you know that I work for EX-FACTORY, www.exfactory.com, we buy and sell machinery. We always want to drive traffic to our site so that we can hopefully sell a machine or two.

I'm thinking of doing a bracket to allow people to vote on which machines have contributed the most to the industry. Is a table saw more valuable than a CNC Router? Is a Mortiser better than a Planer? That type of thing.

I think it'll be a fun promotion and generate a lot of interest in the industry. Hopefully someone who wants a machine will call us as a result of it.

What do you guys think? Will the average shop owner/woodworker be interested in voting? Would you vote?

Or is this just yet another hair brained idea I have that I should devote our IT resources to develop?

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Phil, I don't know how you plan to structure your questionnaire, but if you poll people on the importance of specific tools, you might need to be sure the listing consists of tools specific to a given operation. If I'm in the cabinet business, my opinions might vary from someone doing residential remodeling or furniture making, so I'd think the answers would need to be qualified by field or they'd be skewed or inacurate.

ashley_phil

Phil Ashley
Corporate Member
Phil, I don't know how you plan to structure your questionnaire, but if you poll people on the importance of specific tools, you might need to be sure the listing consists of tools specific to a given operation. If I'm in the cabinet business, my opinions might vary from someone doing residential remodeling or furniture making, so I'd think the answers would need to be qualified by field or they'd be skewed or inacurate.

that's good point. there will be a brief description of each machine type and they will be sorted into 4 categories: Classical Machinery, Panel Processing, Solid Wood Technology & CNC Machinery

I'm pretty excited about it. I hope it goes over well or I won't hear the end of it.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
If you offer prices or something else, that's a good way to get people to participate in a poll.

I agree with Dennis that formulating the questions will be critical. For example, I don't have much use for a 16" horizontal band saw, but there are those in the area that would beg to differ.

ashley_phil

Phil Ashley
Corporate Member
I've shelved this project for now. I think it's a interesting question and people would be interested, but we've got some other issues to deal with right now.

I'm going to work on the backend work and plan to have it ready for next March.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS