Lurker finally posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken Hensley

New User
Ken
Hello everyone,

I have been lurking about the past two months taking in all the information possible and loving every minute of it. There seems to be a great collection of people here and I hope to get to know you all. I am originally from West Virginia but have been here in Hubert, NC for 9 years (and I dont plan on ever moving again). I will retire from the Marine Corps in 3 1/2 years and only because I dont want to have to move out of NC. Woodworking has been part of my life since High School shop class which fueled the fire to build and create. I have recently taken up wood turning and the vortex has a firm hold on me now (sucking up my money and time):gar-Bi. Small shop 12x16 (need more room) LOL. Current projects are a work bench half way done and a piece of oak on the lathe, most likely going to be my first platter.

I have been married for 12 years years and have two children a 10 year old boy and the unexpected miracle my daughter who is 1 1/2. Once again I would like to say how great it has been (lurking) reading all the posts and enjoying my time spent here and hope to get to know you all.:eek:ccasion1

Ken

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Welcome Ken. Glad you've switched from lurker to contributor. We're always happy to get at least one more opinion. :wsmile: Since you've been lurking around for two months, you've probably noticed that we love pictures. So let's see some of your shop and your work. We love pics! Glad to have you.

Bill Clemmons

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Welcome to the site Ken. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap I'm glad that you finally came out of the shadows and joined in on the fun. :eusa_danc

Since you've been lurking around for two months, you've probably noticed that we love pictures. So let's see some of your shop and your work. We love pics!

+1! :icon_thum

woodArtz

New User
Bob
Great to have you Ken. I can't wait to see that finished platter! Join in our new member chat tonight if you get a chance. :icon_thum

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
Welcome Ken.

If you are around on a Thursday evening, join us in the chat room. Thursday is new member chat night. Lot's of fun.

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Welcome, Ken. First of all, Thank You for your service to our nation!
Hubert is a great area for all things outdoor as well as woodworking. If you're ever up my way, give us a shout!
:wsmile:

drw

Donn
Corporate Member
Ken,
Welcome! As you have discovered, this is a great site and it is so because of the great people who contribute to it. Also, thank you for your service in the USMC. My son is a marine, I am very proud of him.

Cheers,
:eek:ccasion1
Donn

ehpoole

Ethan
Welcome to NCWW. And thank you for all your years of service to our country.

Yor retirement will be well earned, so do enjoy!

mlzettl

Matt
Corporate Member
Welcome, Ken. I'm just down Hwy 24 from you in Morehead City. PM me if you're going to be over this way, and stop by.

Matt

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
Welcome aboard an might I give you a handshake for what you an the others do for our country...proud of you an welcome......Dirk:eek:ccasion1

cskipper

Cathy
Sorry for the late Welcome! I am jut trying to catch up on my reading. Glad you relocated to NC. I lived in Beckley, WV for 4 years and headed down to NC. I've lived there since 1984 except for this last year - I've been between SC and NC. Our home is still in Forest City. Hope you enjoy your woodworking and the group!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS