Lumber run shop crawl cake walk demo slither?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jazzflute

Kevin
Corporate Member
The subject line sums it up nicely, don't you think?

(Hey, four nouns, four verbs... What more can you ask for?)

OK... Here's what I'm getting at.

Another of the soon-to-be-infamous lumber runs is scheduled to occur at my shop this Saturday, as Chris brings down a trailerload of his lumber stash from up Virginia-way.

Last time we did this a whole bunch of people showed up, and so I said to myself, "Self! Why not turn this into a bit of a social occasion as well?"

And then I answered, "Well, perhaps because you really don't like people all that much?"

To which I replied, "True that, but your wife says that you REALLY need to get some friends; maybe you can [STRIKE]coerce[/STRIKE], er, persuade her to help with such an event?"

And so it is posted, so it is done.

Hence, at this week's lumber run, I will have a shop crawl-like open house, at which I am meticulously prepared to give entirely spontaneous demos of the Felder sliding table saw, as people seem to have many questions about how one of these big boys goes about its business.

MUCH more importantly, my wife will be on hand with entirely free homemade baked goods, available on a first come, first gorged basis.

So, even if you weren't planning on getting some lumber from Chris—crazy though that may seem—please feel free to come on by and partake of the festivities, occurring from 10am to 2pm this Saturday, the 9th of March. And you may want to bring just a little cash, as you never know when you may have the urge to adopt a board foot or two of mahogany...

If you don't already know where my shop is and would like to come, please PM me for the address, as I am somewhat reluctant to post the address publicly, lest there be a stampede of ne'er-do-wells that want to take advantage of a sliding table saw demo.

It could happen.

Thanks,
K

srhardwoods

New User
Chris
If you are debating on coming out or not, you should! two reasons...One, .25 cents per bf of the Mahogany is donated to the NCWW...that in itself is more than enough reason. second....the slider is awesome! Kevin can thank me for that :) there is only one like it and better:cool:

but of all, you get to meet some folks you only read posts of online, and you get to see some friends. The weather is going to be great and where else are you going to see the game of "oh, that board in the middle of that stack is mine"

Thanks again Kevin for the hospitality. I look forward to seeing everyone again.

SeanStuart

New User
SeanStuart
I am looking forward to getting some quality wood at a great price, and meeting a few members of this board. Thanks for hosting this gathering. Note: I will not crawl, cakewalk or slither.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Dang, I would love to be there, but I have to go to my Neice's wedding Saturday. Let's see: wedding . . . lumber run . . . wedding . . . lumber run . . . I wonder how long it would take my sister to get over me not being there? Oh, the sacrifices we make for family. :gar-Cr

Y'all have fun.

Bill

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
well, i don't cake walk but I'm pretty good at demo and I sometimes slither some but alas I am tied up this weekend [not with rope.....] and cant make it. Y'all have fun!:icon_thum

jazzflute

Kevin
Corporate Member
I have learned from a reliable source that there will be "bar" chocolate chip cookies and chocolate cupcakes available for consumption at the event tomorrow, along with a variety of beverages, all to be elegantly served on a quaint and charming 2,200 lb liftgate.

WITH a tablecloth. We're not animals, you know...

Hope to see you there!

K

wghatcher

Greg
Senior User
I am planning to be there tomorrow, but I will probably try to be in and out pretty quick - I have to get my son back to college tomorrow. But I will take a few minutes to see Kevin's shop and admire the 2,200 lb liftgate / serving table.

srhardwoods

New User
Chris
lumber is loaded up!!!! leaving first thing. Look forward to it. oh, bringing extra. anyone interested in more curly maple...talk to me. I don't want to come back with any

Chris

jazzflute

Kevin
Corporate Member
I love the smell of mahogany in the morning...

mahogany-load.jpg

Hope to see you out here today; cupcakes and cookies are on-site as well!

;-)

K

toolferone

New User
Tom
My youngest daughter had a cupcake and a cookie and loved them. Oh and the shop is pretty cool too! Thanks Kevin, enjoyed the visit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors