Lowe's discount for all veterans, not just active duty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tar Heel

New User
Stuart
Lowe's, and probably HD, are giving a 10% discount for all veterans this weekend. This is not only for active military personnel, but all former members of the armed forces. It's been a long, long time since I wore my army dog tags around my neck, but yesterday I used them to get the discount on a substantial paint purchase. My advice is to carry your dog tags, or some other proof of service, if you plan to shop at either of these stores this weekend.

Marlin

New User
Marlin
Yea Lowes is pretty liberal with that policy here. 2 times I was asked and I just flipped out my DoS ID and said does DoS count and they took off 10% each time.

HD gave a guy with a current Military ID a problem as they said "we have had a rash of fakes...". :no:
So never tried my DoS at HD. :)

ebarr

New User
Wayne
Hey, I can go get my DD214 and carry it with me. I have no idea where my dog tags are at.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Find that DD214, you'll need it when you apply for Social Security :mrgreen:
SS won't take dog tages :nah:

Roger

Tar Heel

New User
Stuart
Find that DD214, you'll need it when you apply for Social Security :mrgreen:
SS won't take dog tages :nah:

Roger

Roger, why do you need it when applying for Soc. sec.? Did I miss something when I applied? :dontknow:

Marlin

New User
Marlin
I work HR at DoS and I can tell you that if all of your military records burned up it is you that has to prove you were in the military, not us(Gov). A DD214 is such proof. When we hire someone and they want verterans status then they have to have a DD214, nothing else will work.

So to all Vets PLEASE!!! get a current and valid copy of your DD214 and put it in a safe and/or get a couple offical copies and have then at familys/friends house.

Tar Heel

New User
Stuart
I

So to all Vets PLEASE!!! get a current and valid copy of your DD214 and put it in a safe and/or get a couple offical copies and have then at familys/friends house.

Mine is on file at the county courthouse. I registered it there as soon as I was discharged. I had to get a copy there when I bought my first house because I couldn't find the original. Good advice Marlin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS