Love Shack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralrick

New User
Rick
Earlier this year I built my daughter a loft in her bedroom. Having her get something new created a stir in my son to redo his bedroom. He wanted to go with a black/white motif and we made a deal that if he designed the bed, I would build it. . . . . . well here is what he designed.

My wife needs more fabric to cover the access doors for the end covers on the storage bins but all in all it came out pretty good. It does remind me of a 1970's waterbed covered in shag carpet but he designed it and loves it :icon_thum . . . . we now call it the 'Love Shack'.

Attachments

• Brians Bed1.jpg
    Brians Bed1.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 196
  • Brians Bed2.jpg
    Brians Bed2.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 199

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Nice job Rick! You and your son did a great job:eusa_danc:eusa_clap:icon_thum.
LOML would love it. Basically, our whole house is black & white.
Keep up the great work...

sapwood

New User
Roger
Great job by you and your son :eusa_clap
Are you going to let him put posters on the wall;-)

Roger

Ralrick

New User
Rick
Since my daughters walls are plastered with posters (boys bands/celebrities), he knows he can if he wants (assuming they meet Mom's 'suitablility' standards) but he seems to like the minimal approach. He's just turned 15 but has had his heart set on being an architect for a few years . . . . we'll see if that lasts through HS. I think I changed ideas on what I wanted to do every week when I was his age, he seems to have focused on just one so far.

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Rick,

The bed came out great. Your son seems to have a good eye for design. Maybe architect is the way to go. Or maybe, it's furniture designer. Of course, you'd have to go into business with him then.

Ray

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Groovy!!!!! Let's hope that it's namesake doesn't come to fruition for several more years.
Tell your son I like his style, he has a good future as an Architect/Designer.
Dave:)

cpowell

New User
Chuck
That looks really cool. Great job, I like the motif! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

"Love Shack", huh? :eusa_thin That brings back memories! :-D

Chuck

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Ya, baby, toss in some orange shag carpet, and Austin Powers will feel at home. Groovy, baby!

English translation: nice take on retro design.

Ralrick

New User
Rick
I don't think that is in the plans for him . . . . He and his friends all seem to be on a 'green' path with Hybrids and other environmental friendly ideas leading the way.

I, however, do remember learning to drive with the big V8's power under the hood. I think I'll have another 70's muscle car in the garage one day.

SteveHall

Steve
Corporate Member
Great design (and nice Barcelona chair). When he's ready for a summer job at an architectural firm let me know, I might be able to arrange something for him at mine (Perkins+Will).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS