Losing my job!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonyps

New User
Tony
Well, the governors cuts have finally hit home! I am a retired, disable vet, four mouths to feed, mortgage, .....I have been working as a IT Manager/Project Manager for N.C. State University for the past six years.
I was notified this past Tuesday that my position will be eliminated as of June 12th. I had no idea this was coming, so my head is still reeling a good bit...
I have done quite a few things in my life so my skills are pretty varied, though I would like to stay in the IT /project mgmt field, but I suppose beggars can't really be choosers..I do not mind traveling if something is available.
So, I am reaching out to see if anyone can give me a leg up somewhere, point me to a possible opening, put in a kind word for me...
Thanks for your assistance, God Bless...

Tony ...

nelsone

New User
Ed
Sorry to hear about the job loss. I went through it a while back. I hope you land on your feet!

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Tony,

I'm very sorry to hear about that. If you are in IT, I'm sure you'll have little difficulty finding another job. Best of luck to you!

liftnaleg1

New User
Chris
Tony I may be able to help...If you can shoot me your resume, I can maybe help you. I work in IT myself and have a business running PeopleSoft/Oracle Projects and have 3 clients in the Raleigh area that I will have some openings coming open soon... Please shoot your resume to me at chris@totalsynergyconsulting.com. I will take you over to the independent consultant world (the Darkside).....If we can work it out it should be a huge increase in pay. I have some buddies working at NCSU on some project work and could maybe flip you to a defifferent department...We do this a lot with guys being laid off form a company because they have some much insite into the process already in place....Just shoot me your resume and conatct number and I will give you a call

tonyps

New User
Tony
Thanks folks... This is the second time since being in NC that this has happened. The previous time I went six months, and that was when the economy was really doing well....God, I hope the same does not happen again!! I have a full house, having taken my daughter and her two little ones in after her ending an abusive marriage, as well as my sister-in-law and her little one, for the same reason!! We were just making ends meet in the present situation, God knows what will happen now!! I am going day by day, but this is really a scary situation.. At least I still have a little time, so it is a look, loook, look and wait and see what comes available...
Thanks for the kind words,

Tony ...

tonyps

New User
Tony
Thanks so very much Chris. I will shoot it to you just a soon as possible..It needs a little updating, as I got just a bit too comfortable there and let the updating lag...
Thank you again,

Tony ...

tonyps

New User
Tony
Afternoon and thanks Jesse.!! We actually have been working with EMC SAN equipment for quite some time now. I will certainly take a look.
Thank you very much!!

Tony ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS