Looking to bring in a Bandsaw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BWhitney

Bruce
Corporate Member
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by bowman
Found this on CL this morning...https://charlotte.craigslist.org/tls/6167462596.html

You know that one isn't going to last long! :no:

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
you have to get a little creative when searching CL. bandsaw, band saw, and band+saw all return different results

garymuto

New User
Gary
I have a Rikon 10-325 Deluxe that's about 6-8 years old. I bought Carter Guides for it before Rikon upgraded theirs. I'm happy with the saw. I rarely resaw anything over 8" and I'm impressed with the results using a Resaw king blade.

Fishbucket

New User
Joe
Thanks for all the replys Guys !

I picked up my "small " saw this morning.
a lightly used 14" Jet with riserblock.

cyclopentadiene

Update your profile with your name
User
I have Jet 18 inch that I purchased at a tool yard sale for $700 and it had never been used. The boriginal blades were still wrapped in paper. I had been looking at a Laguna but could not pass up the chance of a $2000 saw for $700. This was 1/2 the price of a 14 inch Laguna.
I could not survive with a smaller saw now. The added size between a 14" and 18" provides a wider throat. The other advantage is that the table sits lower and is the same height as the table saw. I find this is a significant advantage.

I agree with everyone else here, tuning and blade selection are the key. There is a true difference in the Woodslicer blades from Highland. I also like the timberwolf blades for smaller scrolling use. These brands seem to hold their cutting edge much longer than the lower priced Olsen or other blades. A hidden advantage of a larger saw is that the blades are much longer. They are more expensive but the cutting edge does not hit the wood as often thereby making them last longer. I am not sure if the economics of the increased cost outweighs the added blade life. I assume the blade manufacturers have calculated these and have it exactly the same.

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
Another advantage to a larger saw is they can use a wider blade. I have a Lennox Woodmaster CT blade on my saw, which only comes in 1" or wider.
Also, the larger diameter wheels put less bending stress on the blade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS