Looking for Walnut boards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve_Honeycutt

Chat Administartor
Steve
Try the Woodworking Source (ad up top of the screen) in Mooresville. His website shows walnut in 8" and wider. Rick offers a discount for those NCWW members who are discount qualified.

Steve H.

ChrisB

New User
Chris
Hi Mickey,

I've sent an email but I thought I'd respond here as well. A friend and I operate a small sawmill operation in Polk County and we have a lot of walnut that's been air drying anywhere from 5 years to 90 days. It's mostly 4/4 but we do have some 5/4 and a small amount of thicker stock. Most of the lumber is 6" - 9" wide but we do have some up to 12" wide. Lengths run from 8 - 14 feet long, though we do have some shorter pieces. Let me know how much you need.

Chris

allisnut

Adam
Corporate Member
Tell me more about this saw mill in Polk County! I need to do some window shopping on my lunch hour.

ChrisB

New User
Chris
Phil, we do have some 12/4 stock but it's mostly 3 - 4" wide originally planned for leg stock, and we have some 6/4 planks. Is there anything in particular you're looking for?

Adam, the mill is off the beaten path in the Mill Spring area. My partner and I both live in Raleigh and try to get out to Polk on a regular basis, typically on weekends since we have day jobs that get in the way of milling. I'm planning on heading out there the weekend of June 28 - 30 if you'd like to meet up.

Thanks for the interest.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS