Looking for opinions on this Delta table saw

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeorgeL

New User
George
I second the suggestion at look at the Steel City line. I have the 35623 right-tilt and it is a great saw. Very well made. You should drive out to Woodworker’s Supply and compare the SC to the Uni side-by-side.

Or if you are ever in Fuquay and you want to take a look just lgive me a call.

George

MikeL

Michael
Corporate Member
Alan, I got in touch with them to confirm total freight charges, and they quoted me $87 (I asked them to double check). I did not look into the possibility of the items being refurbished. :eusa_thin How old is the saw that you have? I have heard through the grapevine that things have changed. Tough call.

George, thanks for the info and the invite. I've seen the SC tools advertisements, but nothing in person. I'll have to investigate further. Did you pick yours up at Woodworkers Supply?

rhett

New User
rhett
Beware of this machine. Delta makes many models of the unisaw. I recently purchased the model you are posting and had to return it due to a totally unacceptable amount of runout, you could actually see the blade wobble. Hopefully I just got a bad one. If not mistaken, this is the Canadian model they released in America to compete with the price point of the Jet. I replaced it with the X5 and after having the two back to back, Delta did cut some corners on this saw. I have no complaints about the X5.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Let me add a plug for our local retailers. When looking at prices, please go to the manager of Woodcraft or Klinspor and see what they can do.

Sometimes, it is what it is, but sometimes it is better than you would expect. I know for a fact that at times I can get a better "deal" dealing with these 2 brick and Mortars, sometimes I can't. But we need to give them a chance.

Rocker

New User
John
I bought this saw several years ago and I am totally satisfied with it. But, prices sure have gone up since I bought mine. I think I paid about $1,100. I looked at table saws at the Atlanta show and talked to four different reps, Powermatic, Delta, Sawstop, and Grizzly. Each of the others pointed out that their saws were built heavier, but their prices were not competitive at the time. I really wanted a Sawstop but they were not in production at the time. Long story short, I've put a lot of wood through my saw and never had a problem that I could blame on the saw...just on my sorry self from time to time.
John (Rocker).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS