Looking for opinions on this Delta table saw

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeL

Michael
Corporate Member
While doing some mindless surfing on the web, I came across this package deal at Tool King. It looks to be a pretty good bargain, but I'd like to hear my fellow members' opinions on the saw and this deal. Total freight costs would be $87 including liftgate fee for residential delivery. If you write some compelling reviews, I may be able to use this document to convince the LOML :lol: . Thanks!

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
can you post a link? I probably wont be able to help ya out..but those who can will prbly want to see it first...

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
This saw is GREAT! I have never seen a better piece of equipment. It has significantly increased my shop productivity, not to mention safety, too!

sorry, went looking at Tool King (let me tell you that you don't want to mis-type that last word, it definitely changes the results8-O) seems I couldn't find anything that wasn't shipping for $7.99!

MikeL

Michael
Corporate Member
Check again Dave. That's what I get for doing my accounting and browsing this site at the same time. I should put my priorities in order......this site! :icon_thum

MikeL

Michael
Corporate Member
I had not looked at the Grizzly. The Grizzly seems to offer about a net savings of $90. I happened upon the ad and got all tingly by the "unisaw" and "biesemeyer" names. :slap:

Which saw were you referring to Pete?

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Michael, IMHO Delta ain't what it used to be, nor are they the Unisaurs of the old. The Shop Fox fence is a Bies. clone and just as good as the original (it's a very simple design, hard to screw up)

Dave:)

MikeL

Michael
Corporate Member
Yeah Dave, I've come across several articles and postings that are sending the same message.

M

McRabbet

In the for what its worth department, I have a Grizzly G1023SLX and I absolutely love it! It is a real work horse -- recommend you buy a Forrest Woodworker II blade and a Freud SD508 Dado Blade Set. I have the Shop Fox mobile base and extension base on mine to allow me to move the saw for cleaning (once a year whether it needs it or not!). As DaveO mentioned above, the Shop Fox fence is a Bies clone and is rock solid -- I mounted a long wood block and a 24" track for a pair of Board Buddies as an anti-kickback and it works very well.

Rob

MikeL

Michael
Corporate Member
Thanks Rob. I enjoy reading the print and online articles, but I'd much rather hear the reviews from members like yourself.

Did you have the saw delivered to your home? If so, did Grizzly's shipping get it off the truck and to your garage?

M

McRabbet

Thanks Rob. I enjoy reading the print and online articles, but I'd much rather hear the reviews from members like yourself.

Did you have the saw delivered to your home? If so, did Grizzly's shipping get it off the truck and to your garage?

Nope, I drove up to Muncy, PA with my nephew in my Ranger truck in 2004 to get several tools. What an experience! We had a ball! I made the trip twice that year and came back with: the table saw, two 14" G0555 bandsaws (one for him), a 6" G1182HW jointer, a G1014Z combination sander, a G0538 benchtop oscillating sander and several other goodies like mobile bases, supplies and tool accessories. With the help of a friend, I was able to get it off the truck and into my garage using a pair of 2x10 ramps (pins to the tailgate). I have a basement shop and it took four of us to negotiate the 500# saw across my lawn and down the side of my house to my outside basement shop entrance (several cartons).

Rob

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Michael, I would suggest if you get something from Griz that you pick it up at the freight terminal. There's one right off of 85 in Durham. That will allow you to do it on your own time schedule. They will load it into your truck via forklift. If there is some damage you can decline it right there and then and not have to deal with the driver or getting it picked up again. The getting it unloaded is easy as a couple of us Claytonites dropping by and giving you a hand. Only cost you a beer or three :-D

Dave:)

MikeL

Michael
Corporate Member
Thanks for the additional info guys. I'm not sure it'd be worth me driving to PA at 11 mpg, but I bet that was a cool experience. What I really need is for one of our fine members to make a major upgrade and snag a great deal on a used table saw. I was this close a few months ago. :-(

So, anyone out there upgrading to a PM, SawStop, or other behemoth in the near future? I want to upgrade from my BT3000 and can offer a good home! :-D

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
I like my Uni- but brands aside, I would think the shipping would kill you, maybe worse than Grizzly- Isn't Tool King in Colorado. Also, Tool King sells a lot of refurbs on their web site and on Ebay. While I didn't see any mention of that at your link, you might want to check the ad over very closely just to be sure it is not a refurb. Gee are these things that expensive now???

I would also look at the tablesaws from Steel City Tool Works. They are the new manufacturers (importers? :-D ) on the block and have been offering some really good deals and rebates. The company was started by some Ex-Delta folks so their stuff looks like Delta with a few improvements (probably some of it is made in the same Chiwanese factory).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS