Looking for Hinges

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dudelive

New User
Dude
I am about to install some doors in the shop on too some shelves. There have never been doors there but with a little framing it should be no problem. I really want doors mainly to keep tools and things cleaner while at the same time hidden. We all know the rule out of site reduces temptation.

Now to my question I am looking for some hinges, prefer the self closing type. I looked at HD and almost went into shock @ $2.69 for a pair. Yeah I have been refered to as tight before but I would rather think of it as being thrifty....This would be in the Durham area or mail.

Flush surface mount I think. Brushed nickel for painted doors to increase the ability to clean while making it brighter at the same time.

If it all turns out ok then I will do the kitchen for the wife.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
$2.69 for a pair of hinges isn't a bad price, at all. A little more info would help with the hunt. Are the doors inset, overlay or rabbeted overlay. Face frame or not on the carcasses? When you say flush mount I am assuming non-mortise and cup hinges are out?
Personally I am a huge fan of Euro styled cup hinges, and I will use them when ever I can. The variety available, ease of installation and most importantly their adjust-ability make them tops in my book. But they are going to run you a bit more money.
You might check here to see if you can find what you are interested in -
http://www.thehardwarehut.com/cabinet_hinges.php
and here -
http://wwhardware.com/

HTH,
Dave:)

mkepke

Mark
Senior User
$2.69/pr seems pretty cheap. The only way I think you'll do much better would be from say, ebay or ReStore (Habitat for Humanity donated materials store in Raleigh).

-Mark

Dudelive

New User
Dude
@DaveO
It will have to be completely flush mounting of the doors as they are going to be put where there are no doors now and after frame from bottom shelf to ceiling then there will be a way for the hinge to mount. I may be not explaining what I need clear enough. There will be an opening approx 8 feet long of solid built shelves that will get doors.

Thanks for the links, will check and see what they have.

@Bigdog72
I will check them out and see what I can find

@mkepke
I will try and see if I can get by there in spare time,,,as if we every get spare time....but try any way.

jlwest

Jeff
Corporate Member
I have had good luck finding hinges and knobs at the Habitat for Humanity store in Raleigh if you are not to concerned with style.

Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS