Looking for hardwood cutoffs added photos

DSWalker

David
Corporate Member
Update: Thanks to Mark and Rob I used their cut off and scrap pieces to make these 2 chess boards for family and friends.

Photos Below

I plan to make my family some Christmas gifts and would like to find some hardwood scraps that could be used.

Willing to purchase at reasonable price.
Wake/Johnston County area.

Nephew wants a chess board, so walnut and maple would be great if available. Any other 'colorful' woods are also great.

Let me know what you have and thanks!

Attachments

• 20221211_095359.jpg
    20221211_095359.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 41
  • 20221211_095350.jpg
    20221211_095350.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 42
Last edited:

RobS.

Robert Slone
Senior User
I have a lot of short pieces of walnut you can have. They were milled from some fat limbs about 30 years ago. I also have a little bit of spalted beach.

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
I have some that I could part with. Let me know what sizes and species you are looking for and I will check my stash.
I have a bunch of pieces and parts from disassembled antique tables and a bunch of table legs. Not just scrap but scrap with a story. :)
I am in Willow Spring, Johnston County.

DSWalker

David
Corporate Member
I have some that I could part with. Let me know what sizes and species you are looking for and I will check my stash.
I have a bunch of pieces and parts from disassembled antique tables and a bunch of table legs. Not just scrap but scrap with a story. :)
I am in Willow Spring, Johnston County.
Hey Mark, we are practically neighbors. I'm just outside of Benson, NC. I'd be happy to get anything. I'm not really 'species' particular. For the chessboard, I will need some darker color wood. I have some white oak, so should be good for that unless your scrap pieces worked. Also looking to make 2 to 3 cutting boards, so anything with different colors would be great.

I'll send you a PM with my contact info.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS