Looking for employment in WS area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACobra289

New User
Bill
Hi Folks. I wasn’t sure if this was the correct forum for this or if this type of post is even allowed, so I hope this is okay. Mods, please feel free to delete if this type of post is not acceptable.

I am currently looking for a job. The company where I worked for over 20 years closed our Winston-Salem branch last July. The position I held at closing could best be described as a systems analyst. I did low level programming in JCL & EasyTrieve, data analysis, and project management type things. This was in an IBM S/390 mainframe environment. Before moving into that position I was a computer and Xerox laser printer operator. I would like to find a position working in an office environment if possible. Unfortunately, even though I have worked in a computer related field for many years, most of my mainframe knowledge is not really applicable to today’s PC based network and web based applications. I am open to try something knew if the opportunity presents itself. I feel I could be an asset to a company if given the chance.

If someone knows of any potential jobs, I would appreciate you contacting me. I have a resume available if anyone would like to view it.

Thanks for you time.
Bill Melvin

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Bill,

I suspect that you're right about the applicability of mainframe skills in the office environment. An alternative you might consider is with a service provider; one that does IT outsourcing. Outfits like IBM's Global Services provide services for all types and levels of systems for their clients. Many allow work from home.

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors