Looking for Deck / Porch flooring .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishbucket

New User
Joe
I'm wanting to find some Porch floor material that either I can stain or clear. Depending on color os wood.
Is there a supplier of Ipe decking around? Or other suitable Porch/Deck boards supplier.
This porch is mostly under cover. But does get lots of south facing sun and good bit of rain on the outer edge.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Theres patched in 2x6 PT deck boards on it now. I was thinking on just stripping them and staining. Now to get the look, but might be better of (amount of work) to just replace and be done with it.
Removing it will also let me fix the sags in it too.
What at do you all think?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    340.2 KB · Views: 198
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    343 KB · Views: 199

redknife

New User
Chris
I'm wanting to find some Porch floor material that either I can stain or clear. Depending on color os wood.
Is there a supplier of Ipe decking around?
It honestly doesn’t look too bad, but maybe the pics don’t do justice.
Anyway, on the Ipe- the Hardwood Store can order it for you. Price varies according to market. They can profile for fasteners etc.
We purchased our last Ipe from Advantage Lumber https://www.advantagelumber.com. Their warehouse is in North Carolina but they ship as routine. Every piece we received was useable. Two or three years in it all is flat, etc.

Fishbucket

New User
Joe
Thanks Chris.

Though it's painted grey ( with overspray from painting the rails) it's still good solid boards . A few have cupped and I've had to plane down the edges to keep from tripping on them. It would be good usable with a repaint. I would rather go with a stained finished floor than paint.

beloitdavisja

James
Corporate Member
+1 for advantage lumber. I've been to their warehouse (in Grover, NC just outside Kings Mountain). Very friendly and helpful. I've only bought turning blanks from them, but their main business is hardwood decking.

Steve_Honeycutt

Chat Administartor
Steve
Joe,

If you are up for a drive, check out Scrounger's Paradise in Asheville. The last time I was there they had alot of Ipe and other flooring options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS