Looking for bandsaw (14"-18")

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjy73

New User
Jeremiah
Greetings all. I am going to be in the market in the very near future for a 14"-18" bandsaw to be used for resawing and other misc cutting. If anyone has one they are thinking of selling or knows of someone who does, please let me know. It seems that good quality used bandsaws are tough to come by. Currently am debating about the two Rikons at the Matthews Woodcraft. Thanks in advance for your help!

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
If you decide to go new and buy one of the Rikons at Woodcraft, I'd recommend the 10-325. A number of us on NCWW have this saw and are very satisfied. If you want to use it for resawing, I would suggest a Woodslicer blade from Highland Hdw.

Bill

jjy73

New User
Jeremiah
If you decide to go new and buy one of the Rikons at Woodcraft, I'd recommend the 10-325. A number of us on NCWW have this saw and are very satisfied. If you want to use it for resawing, I would suggest a Woodslicer blade from Highland Hdw.

Bill
While I would prefer to go used for financial considerations (I need to add a joiner as well) I have narrowed it down to the 10-325 and the 10-345. Since this is a lifetime investment (or so I think) I was thinking of going bigger with the motor and throat size to ensure I don't "outgrow" it. But honestly, they are both about equal right now in my mind. I wanted badly to pick up the 10-325 when they had the gift card, but didn't have the financial wherewithal to pull the trigger. That was an amazing deal! How hard was the 10-325 to assemble? I read some reviews that it took some folks about 3-4 hours to assemble.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
The 10-325 was not difficult to assemble at all. It comes mostly assembled. When you compare the two saws, look at both the throat capacity, and the resaw capacity. The 10-325 has a 14" throat, but a 13" resaw height.

Bill

TBradley190

New User
Tim

Bill

+1 on the 10-325 and woodslicer blade!!! Great combo for resawing, 1/2" works well with the factory fence too!

Rocker

New User
John
Greetings all. I am going to be in the market in the very near future for a 14"-18" bandsaw to be used for resawing and other misc cutting. If anyone has one they are thinking of selling or knows of someone who does, please let me know. It seems that good quality used bandsaws are tough to come by. Currently am debating about the two Rikons at the Matthews Woodcraft. Thanks in advance for your help!

Jeremaih,
I just noticed your post. I sold my Rikon 18" but i'm also selling my Delta 14". This one has riser blocks and it resaws well if you have a sharp blade. I'm asking $300. It includes several blades, including some unused ones.
Also, I have a Powermatic joiner that I'm selling. it is the 6 inch model I am asking $300 for that, too. But be warned, the blade guard needs a little work. I'll be posting both of these this week.
I am in the process of selling off my shop and have lots of other stuff if you're interested.
John. 919 557 8393. I'm located in Fuquay-Varina.
John

jjy73

New User
Jeremiah
Jeremaih,
I just noticed your post. I sold my Rikon 18" but i'm also selling my Delta 14". This one has riser blocks and it resaws well if you have a sharp blade. I'm asking $300. It includes several blades, including some unused ones.
Also, I have a Powermatic joiner that I'm selling. it is the 6 inch model I am asking $300 for that, too. But be warned, the blade guard needs a little work. I'll be posting both of these this week.
I am in the process of selling off my shop and have lots of other stuff if you're interested.
John. 919 557 8393. I'm located in Fuquay-Varina.
John

Interesting...can you send pics of them via private message? Which models for each? You are a bit of a haul away for me but may be interested in both...

Jeremiah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS