Looking for a Workmate collectors website

Status
Not open for further replies.

fulldec

Don
Corporate Member
Finished the refurb of my "found" Workmate 225. Replaced broken plastic parts that hold the lower legs deployed and some rubber feet.

Also replaced the MDF top. I made them slightly larger to match the top of the WM400 I have. That way, if I make any jigs or tool bases, they will fit both. I didn't drill holes for the Workmate bench dogs. They are an odd size. I may just make some that also fit my workbench. I'll drill them when I need them.

Decided not to jury rig a belt to tie the two bench screws together. My other WM doesn't have that feature and I am happy with it.

It's not a restoration, but it is back in service, and not in a landfill.

Don

Attachments

• Finished.jpg
    Finished.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 117

Len

New User
Len
You'll find the instructions for uploading pictures to NCWW here.

I didn't drill holes for the Workmate bench dogs. They are an odd size.

Over the years I've built a few project specific tops for my WM400, and jigs that used some WM dogs and accessories, so I can tell you the dog holes are 13/16" in diameter. You might get away with 7/8" for the dogs, but other accessories will be loose.

Skymaster

New User
Jack
Holy Cow! I found a little sticker on my "mate 79-009 type 1. roflmao just googled it and the mate shown is not like mine .
the legs on mine are about 1" retangular tubing and the extension feet are the same but fold into the upper leg NOT the flared legs that fold under

ehpoole

Ethan
I just did a drag and drop of the image below. Worked fine.

Drag and drop sometimes works if the image file is especially small, but it is highly unreliable and unsupported.

However, cellphone and tablet users do have alternatives that do allow for reliable insertion of photos into one's posts:

1) Use the Attachments Manager, available from the paper-clip icon (right-hand side of top row) in the Advanced Editor (click the "Go Advanced" button to switch to the Advanced Editor). Here you can select from photos available on your device and upload them, then select files from your portfolio that you wish to embed into your post. I can confirm that this should work for iOS users, but I can not test any Android devices as I do not have access to such.

2) Install the third-party app "TapaTalk", likely available for free (last I checked) from your device's App Store, then use this app to respond to forum content. Many websites support this app nowadays (although I choose to do away with the annoying pop up notices on this site that TapaTalk uses to advertise such support). This is available for both iOS and Android device platforms.

3) Install the first-party app "Forum Runner" that is designed specifically to work with vBulletin sites by the makers of vBulletin. This is basically an alternative to TapaTalk and I have no preference or advice as to which is better as I don't use either, I choose to use option #1 as it is important for me to keep tabs on how this site performs for everyone and I don't want anything between myself and the site.

I do need to get around to installing a server-side update to TapaTalk sometime soon (so I will need volunteers to test) to enable any newer features that TapaTalk may have added since our last update. It can be a pain for admins and webmasters to keep up with as there is a new release every couple weeks and I update it every few months (barring security bulletins). However, none of this should discourage you from using this app if you wish. If I get too far behind and something breaks, someone using this app will usually notify us via the Help Desk and I will make updating a priority, so it usually isn't long before we have it working again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS