Looking for a hinge....

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I am looking for a hinge that will allow a cabinet door to swing 270º. Preferable for a frame-less, overlay application. I don't know what to call them to start searching. Any recommendations or search guidance in the right direction would be appreciated. I have hunted through Rockler without much luck....information overload without being able to narrow my search with the correct terminology.

TIA,
Dave:)

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I don't know, I am getting a log-in page when I click on your link :dontknow::dontknow:

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Yeah I had that problem the first time, then when I went to the cover page www.cshardware.com I bypassed the info, and flash download, and went to a button that said shopping and it was under hinges and 270 degrees.

I'm sorry for the site, but I found them in a catalog first then tried to find them on the site.

If you still have problems Dave, I'll drop the catalog off later on my way to BJ's.

The catalog sya that they are 270 dgree hinges, 5/8 door-1/2" overlay, or3/4"door- 5/8" overlay , made for entertainment centers.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Yeah Jimmy that got me to them. Not a lot of info on them, but at least I now know what they look like and are called.
Thanks,

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Woodworker's Supply carries several. If you have a catalog, look at pages 656, and 658. Wurth, aka, Raleigh Hardwood carries "institutional hinges" that go 270 degrees

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Bingo I think I found what I am needing. I like how Rockler is set up, because you can view the mounting instructions for their different hinges on-line.
I found these -

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?Offerings_ID=5835

57506-01-200.jpg

Which will probably be the way to go. I don't care to have too much hardware showing on the face/edge of the doors.

Although these are economical -

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=259

15455-04-200.jpg

I don't care for how much of the hinge will be showing.

Now riddle me this, why couldn't you use a standard butt hinge attached to the edge of the carcass, and the back of the door. As long as you allow the knuckle to be free to rotate, it should swing 270º and have a fairly minimal reveal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS