Looking at jointers

JoeW

New User
Joe
Well, I went and did it . . . just bought the router - Bosch 1617EVSPK on sale from Lowes. Now to decide on a table for it.
After coming up from the research rabbit hole, I believe the router will give me the results I'm looking for when it come to my primary use of jointing boards together for cutting out scroll saw work. Most patterns/cutouts will be in the size range of 8"-24" and at the most 3/4" thick.
Plus I can use it for those times I need to round over edges and the like, so sign me a happy camper.
The old router I have is a 1/4" collet only and 40+ years old (my wife got it for me 2nd hand about a dozen years ago). Still haven't figured out why it's so hard to remove a bit from the collet from it. Clean it up, measured it and still stumped.
The bits fit easily into and out of the new router collets, so I feel like I'm already ahead.
Thanks again to all who responded.

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
Still haven't figured out why it's so hard to remove a bit from the collet from it. Clean it up, measured it and still stumped.
Collets wear out, gum up. When you insert your bit, make sure it doesn't go all the way to the bottom of the recess, pull it back out at least 1/16", maybe 1/8" before fully tightening.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS