Look Logo Contest Entries

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
It is hard to figure out how a logo will look until you actually see it place.

So, on the bottom left of each screen is the style chooser. You'll see a bunch of new styles which are the children of "Faster Woodworking" except each has one of the candidate. Take a look. Contest closes on saturday.

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
Ok, it just got more difficult. I cannot decide which I prefer, though the ones with the stylized 'writing' don't do it for me, so much.

JohnsonMBrandon

New User
Brandon Johnson
I personally like jfiles2 and jfiles5. They seem to be the most catchy and simple to work with. Look like good t-shirt candidates to me. Just my .02.

woodworker2000

Christopher
Corporate Member
All great designs but I like the "jfiles3" the best. We all know what "NC" means but I think there would be a lot of people who didn't "get it" (especially outside of the state). I would like to see jfiles3 with some color in it instead of the white "Woodworker".

On another point, a friend of my wife's is in the promotional products business who would probably give a good price on whatever is ordered. I just happen to have about a 3" stack of catalogs from a recent trade show she hosted which I can pass on to someone if interested (my wife went to the show just as a friend and the vendors were giving them out....my wife was too polite to say "no thanks"). I was just going to throw them out this morning but if someone wants them, let me know (I live in N. Raleigh so the easiest thing for me would probably be to drop them off at the Woodworking Store on Capital Blvd). According to her, the catalogs I have are just a tiny sample of what is available. Looking through the catalogs I have tells me that you can get a logo put on ANYTHING (and I do mean anything).

Inflatable Screen Door

New User
David Maida
The script one #6 is very nice but the north carolina is a bit small. I like most of the simple conservative ones that have the plane. I don't like the saw blade one and the one with the mountains and the light house. I agree that it should say North Carolina not just NC.

JohnsonMBrandon

New User
Brandon Johnson
Problem with saying North Carolina Woodworker vs. NC woodworker is the website. It might be easier just to incorporate the logo into a web address or something like that. I think it just depends on which "marketing" scheme we are going for.

JohnsonMBrandon

New User
Brandon Johnson
Yeah I guess the question is......is this a t-shirt for just the members. Then whatever could be on it. If we are wearing these things to "market" or "advertise" then the first thing people see should be the we address which could be integrated into the logo. I'm not completely sure what Steve is looking for to be exact. Either way works fine...guess we just have to figure out the intended audience.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
For the contest 2 things should be considered. First and foremost how it looks on the web page.

According to the rules, if the submitted logo needs more for tshirt work then they should submit another complimentry image for that. But most of those that have been submitted at most need an URL added at the bottom.

One more comment. The people who have submitted these have worked hard on these and are doing all of us a favor. Constructive criticism and comment on favorites is fine. But may I suggest, "I don't like" is not an appropriate phrase for this contest.

You can show what you like when I open the official vote on Saturday

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
DavidF said:
Are you going to have a poll steve or do you want us to comment via the postings?

The comments are good for a variety of reasons. Designer feed back, motivate more entries, etc.

But the actual decision will be a poll based vote.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Another entry. look at jfiles9 in style chooser.

Don't forget deadline for entries is 08:00 AM Sat 3/11/2006

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
They all look Great. However, I see some with hand tool (plane) and some with power tool (Saw blade) but none with both. Sorry, I'm not good at this computer graphic stuff, and IMHO any would do us proud, but its a thought.:-D

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Well, after much deliberation I am going to have to say that jfiles9 appeals to me the best. It has all elements of a good design, and just looks dang cool, and that is what's most important:cool: :cool:

Dave:)

woodworker2000

Christopher
Corporate Member
I really like the newest entry (jfiles9) the best......looks like someone has been reading the feedback. Maybe try one more version with a little less "script" in the "W"??????

All in all, the submitted designs are great and much better than I could have done. My hat is off to all entrants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS