Log

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jeff...

My new trailer and little 1/2 pickup handles a big log pretty well. Just have to make sure the trailer is good and tail heavy to save a little pickup spring for the ride home. Here's a 40" small end but log, can you guess what kind of tree it is and about how much it weighs? If this don't make some wide QS boards, I give up.

BTW this does classify as wood working right? It is wood and it sure is a lot of work.

Thanks

J

jeff...

I saw the log before you, that was a monster, got my load of pine from Kevin and some maple

Glad you got to meet Kevin, his dad is a real nice guy too. Frankly, I was having a hard time keeping up with them two. I know I passed on a lot on nice logs that they sent on to market instead of going to us sawmill operators. So I'm glad you jumped in and purchased some logs from them.

When I got there your Hudson trailer was already loaded. Looked like you got some real nice logs too. I counted around 50 years of heart wood in that one clear pine butt log. If you QS that log, I'm thinking the heart wood will look like candy stripe grain. I've only seen a few pine logs with that uniform growth ring spacing in the heart wood, it was a good find. I tried to get Kevin to take it off your trailer and put on mine but he just laughed at me. :rolf:

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors