Lockheed Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hook

New User
Gregory
Pattern was from Scrollsaw Woodworking & Crafts:

Mostly Tiger Maple (Thanks Fred for helping with that FredP!!!).

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
thats a purdy bird hook!:icon_thum where's the motor go?:gar-La; U R welcome friend.:eusa_clap

sawduster

New User
Robert
I've seriously considered this one :eusa_thin Seeing how good yours looks has made up my mind to put it on my " to do " list :icon_thum

Good job bro :eusa_clap

clawofthebear

New User
Tony
That turned out really nice, looks much better than the plastic model I put together a while ago(18 years or so). My dad got me into models when I was younger, and that was one of the last ones we did before I got too old. He passed away before I grew up and realized it doesn't matter if it's "cool" or not, as long as it's something you like to do. Seeing that plane in wood brings back memories, thanks.
Like Robert, I was considering it. Anthony saw it in the magazine and asked about it. I guess we'll have to start it together when he gets back from vacation with his mom. My only fear is that Joshua(the youngest one) will see it and claim Anthony's work as his toy. A six year old flying a 2 pound wooden plane could spell trouble.

Hook

New User
Gregory
I just got all the technical drawings for the P-40 Curtis Warhawk (and variants), so my first attempt at my own pattern is coming up.

woodrat

New User
Archie
IIRC, the designation for that particular aircraft was P-38 Lightning.
My father was a flight mechanic assigned to one of these in WWII.
He was never overseas but was stationed at Pensacola, Fla. as an
instructor for flight mechanics.

Those, and the P-51 are my favorite aircraft.

Oh, yeah, good job!!! :icon_thum

Thanks,

sawduster

New User
Robert
" My name is Greg and I'm a scroller "

[banana]"Hi Greg" [/banana]

:rotflm: :rotflm: :rotflm: :rotflm:

Great job man !!:icon_thum

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Planes, trains, and automobiles (trucks). There is no stopping you. Scrolling is as addictive as turning. :wsmile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS