Lock Miter Master - backorder update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
Infinity tells me they started shipping again this week and should be all caught up with backorders early next week. They have more than enough LMMs on hand to fill all backorders and new orders for awhile. They also initiated a third production run.

Also, I sent them a revised manual which was uploaded to their website today. I made a few fixes to the text, reworked and cleaned up some of the drawings, and added instructions for the double offset (rabbeted corner) lock miter joint (see below). Please let me know if you find any errors. Thanks.

Double offset lock miter joint with contrasting colored insert:

Dual_Offset_Corner.jpg

dancam

Dan
Corporate Member
Alan,

Thanks for the update...just got my set in yesterdays mail and looking forward to setting up and doing some test runs.

DanCam

NCGrimbo

NCGrimbo
Corporate Member
Alan,

Great work on the documentation. I don't own a lock miter bit, but after reading the documentation, I'm thinking about getting a LMM and bit. You make it seem very easy to make that joint.

-NCGrimbo

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
As an aside to this Thread I'd like to point out that my recently delivered issue of Shop Notes had a very favorable review of your box joint jig. Kudos.

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
As an aside to this Thread I'd like to point out that my recently delivered issue of Shop Notes had a very favorable review of your box joint jig. Kudos.

Wow, thanks for the head's up. The mag has been on my end table for two days, and I hadn't seen it. They did a nice job and you can't buy advertising like that.

Interestingly, some folks who don't understand how the I-BOX works or have not seen it up close, think its mechanism was borrowed from the WoodSmith Aluminum jig which is based on the ShopNotes DIY jig - that couldn't be any further from the truth- they are totally different. Also, when I first decided to license the design, I contacted WoodSmith first. I offered to re-engineer their jig with my mechanism. My email was bounced around the publisher, August Home, but never got any traction. Their loss I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS