Little pregloat

Status
Not open for further replies.

titan04

New User
Josh
Ordered my MM16 today on the last day of the sale :) Comes with the mobile unit included so don't have to worry about it :)

Who has one that wants to come to Cary sometime next week and see the shop and help me set it up and true it up. This will be my first bandsaw... I know already that I suck at having a MM16 as my first tool.

Any certified electricians want a quick side job to help me run a sub panel to my workshop :) I have one 230V in there but would like a new panel to go with some new lines that I ran myself.

Josh :eek:ccasion1:tool::eek:ccasion1

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Who would want that saw? That thing is a piece of junk....

Well, I take it back. That is a VERY nice saw and you will be VERY happy with it! I would come and help, but I will be at the beach vacationing.

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Pre-gloat duly noted. You are really gonna like that machine. :icon_thum

The "mobility kit" is very cumbersome to use. If you will basically keep it in one place then it should be okay. If you will move it more frequently, these casters from Great Lakes Caster work very well. (The casters are shown on my MM16). http://www.greatlakescaster.com/blog/?p=3 Note in the background of one of the pics is the MM16 mobility kit T-handle.

There is a link to the product details on that page. I believe they were/are offering a 10 percent discount to Woodnet members.

Are you considering installing a second panel or replacing a small panel with a larger one?

Chuck

titan04

New User
Josh
Thanks!!

No problem vaction would be nice about now :)

And sorry this isn't my first tool... far from it... this is my first bandsaw!

I know there are a lot of local MM16 people. One of the deciding factors between it and the Laguna. That and the calls from and chats with Sam Blasco from MM and the decision became easier. Sam and MM are super cool to deal with and tell you about the machine instead of just trying to sell you. It was a pleasure to do business with them and look forward to any other dealing with them.

Next is Jointer and Planer... looking at the Grizzly 8" Jointer and on the fence on a breadbox style or a 15 or 20" forever type.

titan04

New User
Josh
Pre-gloat duly noted. You are really gonna like that machine. :icon_thum

The "mobility kit" is very cumbersome to use. If you will basically keep it in one place then it should be okay. If you will move it more frequently, these casters from Great Lakes Caster work very well. (The casters are shown on my MM16). http://www.greatlakescaster.com/blog/?p=3 Note in the background of one of the pics is the MM16 mobility kit T-handle.

There is a link to the product details on that page. I believe they were/are offering a 10 percent discount to Woodnet members.

Are you considering installing a second panel or replacing a small panel with a larger one?

Chuck

I saw you and other talk about the mobility... I probably won't move it much so just nice to not have to deal with anything right now and since it was free (if there ever is such a thing) it will do for now hopefully.

I am talking about adding a new subpanel off my main system about 50ft away (50ft would be absolute max run for subpanel. I have the room for the breaker... just have to put it in and run it to a subpanel with a new line.

T

toolferone

Josh, I see you are looking for a certified electrician. If you decide you just want a certifiable guy then I can help you out :wsmile:. I passed a full electrical inspection on my 200 amp panel in my shop, and was very comfortable doing it. The inspector thought I was a electrictian when he saw my work. Okay enough bragging, just let me know if I can help out.

titan04

New User
Josh
Sounds good to me... shouldn't be more than a couple hours of work :)

I am fairly comfortable doing but another hand would be nice once I get a panel... need to get my panel for the whole house upgraded sometime if I want to put in a 200amp subpanel lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors