life is calming down

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
Hope I haven't missed anything vital. Been a rough past week and a half.
We lost a firefighter at a large fire, eleven of us including yours truly were taken to the er.
My injury was painful but minor. When a friend dies, its hard to complain about your knee. The most severe injury through the miracles of modern medicine in well into recovery.
Losing a coworker and friend is always hard, losing one in a line of duty death is worse. Finding out the fire was intentionally set, is demoralizing and insane. We'll get through this with time.
Another good friend and firefighter lost his 11 year old to a misdiagnosed brain tumor. The same day two friends from church obituaries were in the paper.
I've popped on a few times but haven't had the mindset or heart to relax and enjoy things much.
Now with little to do but think, I'm looking for distractions. If we are blessed with more cooler evenings like last night, maybe I can get back to the shop and let it all go!

b4man

New User
Barbara
Andy,
I'm so sorry for all you have been through the past few weeks. I'll be thinking of you as you try and get through this very difficult time.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Andy sorry to hear about the loss of your friend and your own injuries. I am not sure how you guys do it but I am very thankful to you all. If you need to take a few days away, come to the Lake. The water is warm but the beer is cold (so is the ice tea if you prefer). I have room for you a Robin.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
I'm so sorry to hear about all of that Andy. The family and friends of your coworker will definitely be in our prayers. As well as your recovery.

cskipper

Cathy
OMG! I am so sorry for your injuries and loss. Please know that you and other firefighters will be in our thoughts and prayers.

M

McRabbet

Andy,

I read of the nasty fire that took Captain Bowen's life and was appalled to hear that it turned out to be arson -- I had no idea you were hurt as well but am happy to hear that you are back after your injury. My heart goes out to you and all of your colleagues over the loss of a fellow firefighter -- it is so sad when a man falls in the line of duty trying to protect his fellow man and some SOB purposely put him in harm's way. Get well, my friend.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Andy, My prayers are with you and your work family. I f I read correctly Salisbury sent some of our firefighters to assist after the loss of your friend. We suffered two deaths a couple years ago in a huge millwork fire. So it was something that stirred a lot of memories here in Salisbury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors