Lenox Band Saw Blades (from Band Saw Blades Direct)

Rwe2156

DrBob
Senior User
I've used a lot of them. I think they are good.

That said, for everyday resawing, or the price I don't think you can beat the Infinity Rip blade. I keep it on and use if for everything.

Chaz

Chaz
Senior User
I've used a lot of them. I think they are good.

That said, for everyday resawing, or the price I don't think you can beat the Infinity Rip blade. I keep it on and use if for everything.
I need a 116" blade, and they don't appear to stock those :(

MarkSmithB

Mark
User
Yep, the only thing I use, Bi Metal II.
Cut clean and straight, affordable and they seem to stay sharp with more than 10 times the life of any carbon steel blade.
+1. I also use this blade. It lasts and lasts and lasts. I don't baby it. I would never buy anything else.

BKHam

Bradley
User
consider me another lover of the bimetal. a little wider kerf but really good results. but....everything has a cost and they are expensive. does the bimetal last twice as long as two half price blades? eh maybe.

Rwe2156

DrBob
Senior User
I need a 116" blade, and they don't appear to stock those :(
They will make one to any size.

Screenshot 2023-08-14 at 16-12-00 Lenox #32 Wood Carbon Band Saw Blades - BandSawBladesDirect....png

Last edited:

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Look at one of our sponsers, Union Grove Saw. When John at Woodcraft Bands retired, they took over his business. Been using Lennox Diemaster on Delta 14" BS for years to cut out TFT car bodies. First blade only lasted 14 years. It fatigued to death, but was still sharp.

Willemjm

Willem
Corporate Member
Which Lenox blade for resawing ?
Depends on the size of your bandsaw wheel diameter.

I use a 1/2” blade for most everything, including resawing.

My 17” Grizzly, the wheel diameter does not allow 3/4” or 1” as their thickness is beyond 0.025”. Stress cracking.

jfynyson

Jeremy
User
I have an old restored 1hp Harbor Freight 14" bandsaw with only a 5-1/2" resaw capacity (fine for the small projects I'm working on). This saw is one of the Taiwanese copies of the Delta's from that time and I'm wondering which Lenox blade you'd suggest for resawing sapele, white oak & maple ? I've sent a note to Union Grove per Bruce's suggestion but I'd like your thoughts as well...

• Lenox # 32 Wood Carbon Blade DrBob suggested, but these are 0.032" thickness but Willem calls out a risk of even a 17" saw using greater than 0.025" thick blades...
  • LENOX DIEMASTER 2 BI-METAL - suggested above seems to be only available in very high tooth count and doesn't seem conducive for resawing or am I looking at the wrong ones ? Please provide a direct link if able...
  • Looks like their resaw blades are only for 1" and wider

Rwe2156

DrBob
Senior User
Blade thickness is something worth checking into I guess. I hadn't thought about that.

I think for your application you can't go wrong with that Infinity rip blade.

jfynyson

Jeremy
User
Blade thickness is something worth checking into I guess. I hadn't thought about that.

I think for your application you can't go wrong with that Infinity rip blade.
I may be misunderstanding what you mean by "Infinity rip blade" but that sounds like a table saw blade not bandsaw. If so, I have 4/4 stock so I need the thin kerf a bandsaw offers.

zdorsch

Zach
Corporate Member
I have an old restored 1hp Harbor Freight 14" bandsaw with only a 5-1/2" resaw capacity (fine for the small projects I'm working on). This saw is one of the Taiwanese copies of the Delta's from that time and I'm wondering which Lenox blade you'd suggest for resawing sapele, white oak & maple ? I've sent a note to Union Grove per Bruce's suggestion but I'd like your thoughts as well...

• Lenox # 32 Wood Carbon Blade DrBob suggested, but these are 0.032" thickness but Willem calls out a risk of even a 17" saw using greater than 0.025" thick blades...
  • LENOX DIEMASTER 2 BI-METAL - suggested above seems to be only available in very high tooth count and doesn't seem conducive for resawing or am I looking at the wrong ones ? Please provide a direct link if able...
  • Looks like their resaw blades are only for 1" and wider

Lennox makes the die master 2 in 1/2” 4 tpi.

I plan to order for my Delta 14” once the current blade wears out.
6BD5CF40-0855-4FF3-89D9-A8A8DC4CD398.jpeg

jfynyson

Jeremy
User
Look at one of our sponsers, Union Grove Saw. When John at Woodcraft Bands retired, they took over his business. Been using Lennox Diemaster on Delta 14" BS for years to cut out TFT car bodies. First blade only lasted 14 years. It fatigued to death, but was still sharp.
I just spoke w/ Union Grove and they do not carry Lenox blades but rather Sterling & Sterratt. Anyone have experience with their blades for resawing ?

Sounds like from looking at Lenox's marketing claims I should be looking at something that's a high speed steel (HSS) rather than carbon or silicon type...I'm not willing to pay for carbide tipped on this older saw w/ only 5.5" resaw capacity.

zdorsch

Zach
Corporate Member
My guess is that Lennox is directing comments toward some of the other offerings from wood slicer and Timberwolf.

I’ve used both to resaw and they work fine. Last time I bought them, they were slightly cheaper than the die master 2. I planned to try out the die master 2 based on (longevity, cut quality) recommendations from this site—otherwise I would have just stayed with the first two options.

jfynyson

Jeremy
User
Ok, Union Grove just mentioned there blade they'd recommend to me is carbon steel and what I'm seeing for Lenox blade longevity is that they're claiming their HSS (high speed steel) is not carbon or silicon steel. Union Grove is sending me a trial blade, which is great ! No more than I'll be cutting should be ok and at least I'll have a data point vs Timberwolf's silicon based, which haven't lasted very long at all in my experience.

1692797058320.png

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS