Learning and laughing at myself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigdog72

New User
Geoff
Haven't had a shop for seven years but woodworking is like riding a bike, right?

Had no problem building my assembly table on wheels. No problem getting all the used (new to me) tools I bought up and running. Only cut wrong once so far. Put a hard board top on workbench. Go to trim with router and set bit too high. Took me a minute to realize that, unless I wanted to wear down the hardboard, I better change the setup.

I decide to start a couple of cabinets for under the work bench. Now, of course, I have no plans for this. Just a general idea in my head. So, had to change the blade in my circ saw. Haven't done it for 7 years. Had to look at the manual. Age is a terrible thing!!! Decide to cut dadoes in cab sides. Have to change table saw blade to dado set. Where's the manual? :eusa_danc

Now I am ready to cut dadoes for the first time in seven years. Sit there and stare at the board for awhile, then try to draw what I want to do. That resulted in a pretty bad drawing. :eusa_danc Finally get up the nerve to try a cut. Got it right the first time!!! I am proud of myself and sitting here laughing at myself for thinking that you can take up where you left off!!!:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:new_blowi

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Geoff, you are doing fine. Just do not forget the safety rules you followed as if you life depended on it. :widea:

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
I'm right there with you, Geoff!
The day I can't laugh at myself and my mistakes, is the day I'll have to "pull the door down" for good!

Good luck and just "keep on keeping on."

:biggrin:

sapwood

New User
Roger
:rolf: If mistakes keep us laughing, I'm all smiles :qgreenjum

Definitely a "shared" feeling on dis-remembering stuff.
Remember how to setup the router bearing guides? NO
Remember how to change planer blades? NO
Remember how to . . . . . ?????

Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors