Latest project

Status
Not open for further replies.

scoobyJ

New User
SJ
Here is lastest project...trying to do a primitive/rustic finish. My sister lives in WV where primitive decor is quite popular and she sends me requests. I've noticed it slowly taking some interest here in our area. Will be interesting to see if it catches on.

HPIM1190.JPG

View image in gallery

scoobyJ

New User
SJ
1 x pine with simple butt joints as is the style from what my sister has been telling me. They also incorporate dovetail joints too but that is for future projects. Stand was base coated with black paint, followed by coat of burgandy, sanded down to black and bare wood at random and then a coat of jacobean stain was applied. Finally sealed with flat sealer. I had fun with it. When I was putting on coat of burgandy my husband came into shop and I could see his apparent fib when I asked him how it looked so far...it was the ugliest dark pink you could imagine. He was really impressed once the coat of stain was on there. It was funny...he had really doubtful look on his face before I got finished...LOL

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Nice work SJ. Is that a design your sister came up w/ or is it a fairly typical piece for her area?

Bill

PS: I'm biting my tongue to keep from making a snide remark about "primitive" and WV in the same sentence. Sorry, I couldn't resist. :rotflm:

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
I like the piece alot, but I think the finish is even better ! Finishing in this style is not anywhere as easy as it looks.

Good Job ! :icon_thum

scoobyJ

New User
SJ
Nice work SJ. Is that a design your sister came up w/ or is it a fairly typical piece for her area?

Bill

PS: I'm biting my tongue to keep from making a snide remark about "primitive" and WV in the same sentence. Sorry, I couldn't resist. :rotflm:
Yeah...I was waitin for it....LOL...no hubby looked at some pics on web and made his own "version". And he's from WV too...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS