Latest addition

Status
Not open for further replies.

4yanks

New User
Willie
I have been working on fitting out my new shop since we moved to Southern Pines a year and a half ago. Two trips to Afghanistan have slowed me up considerably. Today I hung a set of cabinets in one corner of the shop to hold power tools and frequently used supplies. It compliments the corner cabinets below it that I finished earlier this year. I am still planning on putting some crown molding on the corner cabinet this week some time. Now I have only one major project left for the shop. Unfortunately it will have to wait as I am leaving again in a week or so for another 6 months. Hopefully next year I will make a flip top stand for my planer and another tool as yet unpurchased:rbedface:.

shop cabinet2.JPG

cornercab2.JPG

cornercab3.JPG

walnutjerry

Jerry
Senior User
Good looking job on those cabinets---------makes me ashamed of the way my shop looks when I see pictures of yours.

Jerry

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Willie - NICE SHOP AND CABINETS!

Thanks much for your service - I hope that your deployment goes well.

Scott

cskipper

Cathy
Those cabinets look great! Are the dividers in the upper cabinets adjustable? Good luck on your deployment -we'll keep you in our prayers.

4yanks

New User
Willie
...makes me ashamed of the way my shop looks when I see pictures of yours.

Jerry

The truth is I push all the junk into the part of the shop that's not in the picture everytime I take one.:rbedface:

Cathy,

The dividers are adjustable. I put 1/4" dados every 4" across the shelves. The dividers are 1/4" ply with maple trim on the front edge.

thrt15nc

Tom
User
Nice cabinets Willie. I'm curious about the mounting height of the upper set. How far up from the floor are they? I'm wondering if you put them a little lower so reaching them would be easier over the bottom cabinet set.

Thanks,

Tom

4yanks

New User
Willie
The height of the bottom of the upper cabinets is 30" off of the counter top. The counter top is 34.5" from the floor, which is the height of the table saw, workbench and other shop furniture/machines. This allows me to maneuver sheet stock in my small shop with as few obstacles as possible. The 30" height of the upper cabinets allows me to work on the counter tops without obstruction or interfering with lighting. I can comfortably reach to the top of the lower compartment. I admit the arrangement looks ungainly, but it works for me. Thanks.

Badabing

New User
Joe
Very nice work Willie! I like that you put so much effort to make shop cabinets top quality. I need to do that myself now :oops:

Take care overseas and thank you for your service to our country!

thrt15nc

Tom
User
The arrangement looks good Willie. I have a corner of my shop that would take a setup like that quite well. I wonder about putting the top shelves too high to reach was all. Your heights you have sound about right for me also.

Tom

cpowell

New User
Chuck
The upper and lower cabs look great. I could really use the drawer space you have. Very nice. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Chuck

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
Nice looking cabinets! That is allot of drawers!! You may have the same problem everyone predicted for me- "Now what drawer is that tool in?????" :lol::lol::lol: Do all those drawers have BB slides.

Dusty Sawyer

New User
David
That's a pretty nice setup...... Now where's mine???

Seriously though, each time I move I build a new bench and cabinets. Every time they are a little better in quality and functionality.

Again, looks great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS