Last couple of weeks project

Status
Not open for further replies.

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
I've been working on this off and on the last 2.5 wks or so and got the "woodworking" portion of it done last week. LOML was finally able to get some time to sit down with it and do her thing. As usual she did all the burning and I helped out with the "simple", i.e straight staining, while she handled all the mixing and shading. We managed to get it done even with some unexpected daycare closing that hampered shop time on my days off.

It was made for our sons pre-school raffle basket,their assigned theme was Cooking. It's nothing fancy and for the most part wasn't too awful challenging even for my simple skills. Heck, I even used a chisel to cut out a recess to improve the fit of the hinges and managed to not mess it up too bad!!
Drogar-BigGrin%28DBG%29.gif
It's just a BB box/lid, treecycled Poplar feet and a Cedar "cookie". Stains are GF waterbase and GF HP Semi Poly. I would have liked for the lid to have lined up better with the box, but it is what it is. I managed to do something to the left hinge during installation so I had to tweak it a bit to get the alignment closer to where I wanted it. Overall I'm pleased with how it turned out, but if I do another I'll need to pay better attention to the hinge installation.

Enough useless ranting, here's the pics.

DSCF7096.JPG

DSCF7092.JPG

DSCF7095.JPG

DSCF7094.JPG

DSCF7091.JPG

DSCF7090.JPG

Thanks for looking.
Brian.

sawduster

New User
Robert
Boy did that mess with my head for a few minutes ! :tinysmile_cry_t: It took me until the 5th picture to figure out that the pan on top was actually flat ! :eek: That's a creative and well executed project bro :icon_cheers
Great job all around ! :icon_thum

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
Thanks guys.

@Duster, LOML definitely did create some depth when she shaded the spatula on the lid. You're right though, it does look like a skillet from certain angles doesn't it.

The festival and raffle were today and ticket sales were real good. :icon_thum Unfortunately our box got dropped when they were moving all the items to the hall where the festival was. It landed in such a way to break both hinges completely apart!!! :gar-Cr:gar-Cr:gar-Cr:gar-Cr So I picked it up after the drawing and it's sitting in our basement waiting to be repaired. I think it won't be too difficult of a fix as all the screws and wood held, but the hinge pins and shackles are completely shot. :wconfused: Hopefully I can just remove the busted parts and put on the 2nd pair of hinges that came in the pack. Maybe I'll get a chance to mess with it some tomorrow if not it'll have to wait til next week most likely.

Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS