LaserSaber Hilt blanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
I used a molding cutter, probably very similar to a PEX cutter. A ten foot stick would only take about a minute to cut up. But truth be told, cleaning the wording off with DNA takes a lot longer and the lightsabers just would not look right with all the labeling on the PEX

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Tony, if you contact the seller please ask them the outside diameter. It has to be 1". The length can be 3.5" +/-.

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
Looked at Oreintal Trading Post...they wanted 7$ per light. I am headed back to Charleston in am . Im going to stop by Harbor Freight Distibution Center and see if I can talk to a person instead of email contacts

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
Looked at Oreintal Trading Post...they wanted 7$ per light. I am headed back to Charleston in am . Im going to stop by Harbor Freight Distibution Center and see if I can talk to a person instead of email contacts

Thanks, Face to face usually works. Good luck

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
I pointed this out somewhere else, but now I have some proof - yes... photographic proof!

At big lots you can buy an 8 pack of 1" Dia. X ~3.3" long flashlights WITH batteries for $10! (I calculate that to $1.33 each!!!)
I know it is better if we can get them for free... but, HEY we will soon have 90 blanks to put flashlights into!!

flashlights.jpg

ck1999

Chris
User
I contacted Chris and he is sending me a box of blanks to drill holes in. Does it matter if I use a forstener vs spade bit?

Chriss

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
A spade bit works fine since the end result is a hole that goes all the way through. There is no "blow-out" at either end.

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Do we need more drilled?
I can do some if you can send a boxfull to me?!

srhardwoods

New User
Chris
I'll have 3 boxes to mail out, one is going to Phil, one to Chris and Hank? If so PM your address and that will cover the 3 boxes.

Chris

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
Folks as of today i have not heard back from harbor freight regarding flashlight donations.I emailed the 1 person who handles this and was also told by corporate folks that it would be at least 45 days before we got a response. So with this information I am asking members if you can help buying a fewplease do so and get them to an outreach member. Your efforts will be greatly appreciated by NCWW and by the kids who will be on the receiving end. Thanks again

Last edited:

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Folks as of today i have not heard back from harbor freight regarding flashlight donations.I email the 1 person who handles this and was also told by corprate folks that it would be at least 45 days before we got a response. So with this information I am asking members if you can help buying a fewplease do so and get them to an outreach member. Your efforts will be greatly appreciated by NCWW and by the kids who will be on the receiving end. Thanks again

If anyone in the Triad area plans on donating flashlights, I'll be glad to collect them this Thursday at lunch. I've got a bunch of the saber blanks I'll be taking to Winston-Salem for WIA.

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Just a reminder -
If you cannot come up with Free HF ones - I think these are a great substitute!
I pointed this out somewhere else, but now I have some proof - yes... photographic proof!

At big lots you can buy an 8 pack of 1" Dia. X ~3.3" long flashlights WITH batteries for $10! (I calculate that to $1.33 each!!!)
I know it is better if we can get them for free... but, HEY we will soon have 90 blanks to put flashlights into!!

flashlights.jpg

mkepke

Mark
Senior User
Folks as of today i have not heard back from harbor freight regarding flashlight donations.I emailed the 1 person who handles this and was also told by corporate folks that it would be at least 45 days before we got a response. So with this information I am asking members if you can help buying a fewplease do so and get them to an outreach member. Your efforts will be greatly appreciated by NCWW and by the kids who will be on the receiving end. Thanks again
Hi guys - its a little hard to keep up with the thread. Let me know what you need whether its flashlights, some holes drilled or some lengths of pipe.

-Mark

srhardwoods

New User
Chris
sorry for the delay in getting the blanks to you, i've been working 14 hour days for the past couple weeks. they were sent out in the mail this morning priority so you should be seeing them shortly.

Chris

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Just recounted, 53 but some do not work so call it 50

"...some do not work" - just battery or ???

Add 10 from my donation... call it 60 - so I count the "need" at least at 30 based on something I remember that we had 90 blanks, is that right?

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
"...some do not work" - just battery or ???

Add 10 from my donation... call it 60 - so I count the "need" at least at 30 based on something I remember that we had 90 blanks, is that right?

I believe Chris said he is sending 97 blanks to be drilled. Plus I have another 48 already drilled I'll be bringing to WIA. Add to that whatever is already on the trailer. That doesn't mean they will all get used at WIA, but eventually we will need flashlights for all of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS