Laser Engraving in/around Charlotte

JSJ

Jeff
Corporate Member
Hi, I have a friend who wants to engrave an axe handle with a USAR field artillery logo and some script. I assume that laser engraving would be the best option. Does anyone have a suggestion for a laser engraver in the Charlotte area that I might refer him to? He has all of the SVG files for the unit logo, just needs someone to do the work.

Apparently this is for the change of command ceremony for the USAR FA unit called "Axe Handle."

Thank you!

Jeff

Jclrk

Jclrk
Corporate Member
Try thus guy

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220616-133452_Contacts.jpg
    Screenshot_20220616-133452_Contacts.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 52

beloitdavisja

James
Corporate Member
It would depend on how long the ax handle is. My laser has a max of 20" for the x-axis. I've never done an axe handle before, so getting the positioning correct would be tricky.

There's a guy in Matthews that Woodcraft uses for their engraving - Ken Davis of Custom Memories. I used to use him before I got my laser, and I know he has a bigger setup than I. However, his website isn't up anymore, so he might've retired.

There's also a person in Harrisburg that my nearby-neighbor @mquan01 uses: Brenda at Idle Time Designs: Idle Time Designs

beloitdavisja

James
Corporate Member
One other thing to consider - the USAR logo is likely copyright protected, so an engraver might refuse the job, even if it's for someone in the USAR.

JSJ

Jeff
Corporate Member
Thanks guys! I think he would want to burn in the Field Artillery Corps logo (crossed cannons), so not sure if that would be copyrighted or not. I'll give all those sources and let him figure it out. Thanks again...you all are most helpful!!

-Jeff

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS